RPI is a Joke

This. RPI is almost worthless until conference play, the back end not the beginning.

Dunno I kind of agree.... but At the end of last year I thought the RPI was a joke also.

I mean I get it and stuff but even at "the back end" it a sucky rating system.

Dunno I kind of agree.... but At the end of last year I thought the RPI was a joke also.

I mean I get it and stuff but even at "the back end" it a sucky rating system.

If you think about, it's the best system possible.

Your RPI is dictated by how good the teams you play are. You beat a good team, you're rewarded for it. You lose to a good team, you're not rewarded but you aren't killed for it either. You lose to a bad team, you deserve to be punished for it and you are. And all the good team/bad team stuff is decided relative to every other team in the NCAA.

Over the last 8-10 years teams have realized they need to schedule up because of the potential gains from winning those games, and if they lose, their RPI doesnt drop a ton. It's win-win to schedule better games and we're seeing that.

If you think about, it's the best system possible.

Your RPI is dictated by how good the teams you play are. You beat a good team, you're rewarded for it. You lose to a good team, you're not rewarded but you aren't killed for it either. You lose to a bad team, you deserve to be punished for it and you are. And all the good team/bad team stuff is decided relative to every other team in the NCAA.

Over the last 8-10 years teams have realized they need to schedule up because of the potential gains from winning those games, and if they lose, their RPI doesnt drop a ton. It's win-win to schedule better games and we're seeing that.

I just don't agree that its the best possible system - I remember a lot of question marks about certain teams that got in last year based on RPI's that really didnt make sense.

There is a lot more to determine the quality of a team than just schedule alone.

Latest posts