Roy Marble Sr Arrested in Cedar Rapids

Re: Roy Marble Arrested in Cedar Rapids

Is this really news? I mean, do they make a big story about every dude that gets caught driving w/o a license and insurance?

Is this really news? I mean, do they make a big story about every dude that gets caught driving w/o a license and insurance?

apparently KCCI in Des Moines highlighting the fact all week last week that unlicensed driving is the biggest problem facing the world right now has filtered over to CR

The article mentioned that they pulled him over for changing lanes quickly and having an improper license plate light (aren't they manufactured that way to give law enforcement a reason to pull you over?). What the article forgot to mention is the major reason he was pulled over DWB.

It's Obama's fault.

apparently KCCI in Des Moines highlighting the fact all week last week that unlicensed driving is the biggest problem facing the world right now has filtered over to CR

LOL, true dat.

KCCI sucks - they like the smell of their own farts, I think. They're always tooting their own horn. Stop telling us how great you are, we get it. And stop smelling your own farts on camera, it's unseemly (and yes, I'm looking at you McGlaughlin).

This man needs to move to a city/state that doesn't pick on black people.

I feel sorry for this guy, if he lived downtown houston I guarantee his arrests would be at zero.

I feel sorry for this guy, if he lived downtown houston I guarantee his arrests would be at zero.

Or, maybe he could stop breaking the law...? That's worked pretty well for me over the years.

Roy has done things that are illegal in Houston. I think he's on the straight and narrow now.

Or, maybe he could stop breaking the law...? That's worked pretty well for me over the years.

Congrats for you. Let me ask are you black? If not then how do you know the type of pressure black males face living in Iowa. I for one from personal experience can tell you that the cedar rapids police are some of the most racist people you will ever meet. They will pull you over just to talk to you and if they see something they like they dive in.

Congrats for you. Let me ask are you black? If not then how do you know the type of pressure black males face living in Iowa. I for one from personal experience can tell you that the cedar rapids police are some of the most racist people you will ever meet. They will pull you over just to talk to you and if they see something they like they dive in.

I don't recall commenting on the pressure felt by black men living in Iowa. Did he break the law or not? If the answer is yes, then I don't see how his race is relevant to the discussion. The last I checked it's illegal to have marijuana and an open can of beer in the car, just as it is illegal to drive w/o a drivers license.

So, as I said, maybe he should try not breaking the law. As long as somebody continues to break the law, white or black, they take the risk of being arrested. I don't really know why this should be a controversial opinion...?

I'm not going to say race played no part, but being stopped for having a license plate light out is not isolated to black drivers. I understand how prejudiced a good chunk of the law enforcement is around here. However, I know many, many white people that have been pulled over for it, and I can't think of any reasonable reason why other than the hope of finding alcohol or drugs. If it's so dark that the light is necessary, it's being overpowered by headlights from a car behind it. If you're so far away that your headlights are not lighting it up, you won't be able to read the damn plate or expiration date anyway.

I happen to know a lot of CR police officers and I disagree. I grew up on the SE side, have lots of friends that are black and none of them have had a problem when they werent doing something wrong.
My best friend since 2nd grade is a black male. He and I have been running together ever since and I can tell you we have been pulled over more times when I was driving than he was.
Here's a hint, I tend to speed and he doesnt. Go figure.
Allow me to share another story with you.
My fiance and I were driving on the SE side on a friday night, heading downtown for dinner. I pulled away from a stop sign and an unmarked police car pulled me right over. He started grilling me about being in that neighborhood. Told me I fit the profile of a young white couple looking to score some drugs. Now aint that a bi**h. I didnt have any drugs and the address on my license matched my story of where I was coming from and where I was headed. He let me go and I went on with my evening.
It was a white cop, profiling a white male.

I take my previous post back. I shouldnt judge your situation and experiences based on the black friends that I have and their experiences.
I'm sorry that you have been on the recieving end of racist cops or people in general. That stuff drives me crazy and I call people out for it when I witness it.
Sorry for my response, again.

I've actually been pulled over for a license plate light being out...in CR...and I'm white!!!

However, KCRG TV-9 never reported it. REVERSE DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts