Roy Marble Freebie, Courtesy of Tom Kakert...

I do not think Roy is a bad person,not evil or anything. I hope he keeps it back on track,and helps Devyn negogiate his challenges as a student-athlete and sees him become a successful person in life. All interviews I have seen from Devyn seem very upbeat and solid. Very likeable young man. Good luck to both Marbles...they are family.

Really good story. I wish the best for Roy and Devyn. Roy, BJ, and Ed Horton were the nucleus of one of the best teams in Iowa history. He was and still is my favorite Hawk basketball player. I think we have a gem in Devyn. I watched him on the PTL. webcam. I liked his play at point. He reminded me of Jake Kelly with his unpredictable style and constant movement. This could become a very exciting team in time. Here is something written about Devyn his senior year. I couldn't agree more.

Scott Burnstein, a sportswriter for the Oakland Press, seems to share Avery’s viewpoint.
“Roy Jr. is one of the true hidden gems of the 2010 recruiting class,” Burnstein wrote. “Just like his father, Roy Sr. - an all-Big Ten player at Iowa in the late-80's and NBA first round draft pick of the Atlanta Hawks - he has a knack for the bucket, utilizing a tantalizing array of offensive moves. An owner of one of the sweetest strokes in the state, Marble will be a huge sleeper for whatever college coach grabs him.”

Iowa Basketball: Another Roy Marble At Iowa?

I also posted this on the Press-Citizen forums.

Latest posts