Roy Halladay

Oswalt, Halladay,Hamel and given their everyday line-up, if healthy, if producing will be tough to beat.

Dude was lights out last night. I've never seen a pitcher be able to put pitches anywhere he wanted like Halladay did last night. It was epic, and I was glad I was able to witness it.

I hate Philly. Hate them. They are the Yankees of the NL. They got Halladay, who is clearly the best pitcher in baseball, for nothing. Unfortunately it is going to be Yankee$-Phillie$ World $erie$! That is all Bud $elig wants anyhow, right?

when is the last time a guy had a perfect game and no-no in the same year, especially one in the playoffs.

when is the last time a guy had a perfect game and no-no in the same year, especially one in the playoffs.

Never. That was only the 2nd NH/PG in playoff history. Don Larson threw a PG for the Yankees in the 1950s in a World Series game. I do not think he pitched another NH in his career.

Nolan Ryan was the last to throw 2 no-hitters in the same year. I think that was in the 1970s though.

Easy about the money, the Cubs have a higher payroll. They did get Halladay in a good deal, but he signed a cheaper extension to play for a winner. Philly has very few boughten parts, but a lot of home raised talent that they signed to nice deals, that should be paid to organizational players. Maybe you need a little H2O, from the city of brotherly love?

Never quite understood letting Cliff Lee go only to get Oswalt/Hallady.....Might as well broke the bank and kept Lee and went after Halladay.

Can you imagine a starting rotation of Halladay, Lee, Oswalt, Hamels, (insert anyone here). You'd go R-L-R-L. Wow. I realize they would not have picked up Oswalt if they had Lee, but still. Wow. It is sick how much better their pitching is than EVERYONE else. Find me 3 starters on Atlanta, Cincy and SF combined that you'd take as a threesome over Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels. I'd say Lincecum, Hudson, and Cain are best 3 starters on the other 3 teams combined?!

Latest posts