Rotation questions...Michigan game almost perfect (IMO)

Foval21

3 guys at 30 min - the 3 most important players on the team were right around 30 min and that is what we need. Gesell 29 min (I would like him at over 30) marble at 31 min (right about where he should be because even though he is our best scorer we play too fast for consistently playing 36 or more. His sweet spot is 30 to 34 min...same with white and probably gesell). White 32 min (like this because it means he has a chance to really run. But he needs to keep his defensive mind right).

Gabe and woody should combine for 35 to 40 min...go with the hot hand as they are different types of centers.

Oglesby should go around 17 to 20 min...his defense and basketball iq allow him time even if the shot is off.

basabe should be about 15 min as it keeps his energy up and that is what type of player he is.

uthoff should be 10 to 15 min depending on how well he is playing.

mccabe is my only disagreement with the game as he play 19 min and I feel he is better in a similar role as basabe as a 15 min man. I would say his extra 4 min could go to Uthoff and woody. But we won so it worked.

that is a nine man rotation...jok and clemmons are not in the rotation and shouldn't be right now.

next yr we lose 3 guys and jok, clemmons, and Uthoff will absorb their min giving us an 8 man rotation for sure maybe nine if a recruit or Meyer can find a way in but the phantom 11 man rotation is just that a phantom.

I thought the rotations seemed really good yesterday also. I agree with the thoughts about McCabe probably getting a few too many minutes but he played much more effectively doing the dirty work underneath and not forcing shots. He plays like a senior and if we can keep him staying within his game and doing the things that he can do he can definitely help us. I think Fran has done some adjusting. Looking ahead to next season things will become interesting depending what JUCOS and how many Fran brings in- two won't surprise me. We really need a power forward and Atwood could help us right away.

It was a little difficult to get a true read on the rotation as the game was pretty much in hand with most of the 2nd half remaining. I'd like to think that a few of the players saw skewed minutes both + & - for this reason.

It was a little difficult to get a true read on the rotation as the game was pretty much in hand with most of the 2nd half remaining. I'd like to think that a few of the players saw skewed minutes both + & - for this reason.

Possibly but I also think this is how the team works best. The low minutes by jok nod clemmons in almost a 20 pt win pretty much proves we don't have an 11 man rotation...it is 8 or 9 depending on how Uthoff is playing.

Latest posts