Ross Travis commits

I wonder what effect this has on our visitor (Tyler Harris) from this weekend as he had visited Penn State last weekend....positive I hope.

This is disappointing.

I thought we sat really well with him and did not even get him on campus for an Official visit.

I read that he has had some injury issues, but appeared to be a versatile and long prospect

Any other news out there on other recruits. I realize Harris was in this weekend, but really am skeptical on him coming here with Big East and ACC interest.

2 of 4 prospects I thought we had a reasonable shot at are off the board with Ogelsby and Kravish still not announcing.

Looking for more rumors or other official visit info. Any 2011 prospect coming for Penn State?

We can't be losing recruiting battles against Penn State!! Ed DeChillis may not be around much longer. They will be at bottom of Big Ten with us. I don't see what they had to offer over Iowa (except for a NIT championship). If Fran is losing recruiting battles with PENN STATE, he is in serious trouble. Fran has yet to get a recruit for next year while ISU has 5 already. This is not a good start for McCaffery. Glad he's going after high profile kids but they aren't committing so it doesn't matter.

We can't be losing recruiting battles against Penn State!! Ed DeChillis may not be around much longer. They will be at bottom of Big Ten with us. I don't see what they had to offer over Iowa (except for a NIT championship). If Fran is losing recruiting battles with PENN STATE, he is in serious trouble. Fran has yet to get a recruit for next year while ISU has 5 already. This is not a good start for McCaffery. Glad he's going after high profile kids but they aren't committing so it doesn't matter.

Ryno, normally love your posts and I was so mad when we hired Fran at first. However, evn though this stings, Fran is better than Lick and Alfraud. I trust he will land a big fish soon. Your right thou how do we lose this kid to freakn Penn St. Damm JoePA!

My thoughts exactly! This is no bueno. What does the PSU basketball program have that we don't? They're equally as terrible, and have been for some time. I'm completely dumbfounded. I really hope Fran has hat full of rabbits, b/c he needs to pull a few, and soon. Unbelievable.

I did not think we would lose Travis to PSU, I admit. They are much further from home for him. I hope there is some possibilty that Harris might end up at Iowa instead,then I am very happy. Both are small forwards.
Oglesby and Harris would be a great core of the class....we need some good news,please!!

My thoughts exactly! This is no bueno. What does the PSU basketball program have that we don't? They're equally as terrible, and have been for some time. I'm completely dumbfounded. I really hope Fran has hat full of rabbits, b/c he needs to pull a few, and soon. Unbelievable.

I tend to agree.. PSU (in basketball) isn't exactly a powerhouse that we should be losing recruiting battles to. I can understanding losing recruits to Wisconsin, but PSU? They are really no better than we are. I am not encouraged by this. At all.

Still, let's see who McCaffery DOES get to commit, and go from there. None of this will matter if Fran turns around and lands a couple of solid recruits.

If we end up with a bunch of 1-star recruits that nobody else wants, then I think we're in trouble, but let's just see where the chips fall.

Reminds me of how texas prep Mike Babb chose PSU over Iowa in licks first full class. Could not fathom how a kid would go all the way to PSU from Texas. Babb turned out to be a good player,but has transferred to ISU. Travis should have talked to Babb. Closer to home would have been better for both,which Iowa would have been.

It's acutally Chris Babb.

Iowa is struggling with selling something that recruits can't see right now. Fran can say we play up and down the court but right now guys are trying to make a decision for the next 4-5 years and looking at Iowa's past....other schools are more attractive.

Iowa has to find kids that want to be part of the rebuilding project that is Iowa BB.

It's acutally Chris Babb.

Iowa is struggling with selling something that recruits can't see right now. Fran can say we play up and down the court but right now guys are trying to make a decision for the next 4-5 years and looking at Iowa's past....other schools are more attractive.

Iowa has to find kids that want to be part of the rebuilding project that is Iowa BB.

So I wonder what Ed Dechellis was able to sell to Ross Travis.. PSU isn't exactly loaded with tradition. I understand, Iowa is in shambles right now.

But still, at SOME point, you DO have to get kids to start committing. I'd feel a little better if we got some good news soon..

Did anyone else notice the interesting twist that the Ross Travis visit was pushed back from this past weekend to the weekend when we host PSU in football and then the kid commits to PSU?

Latest posts