Ross announcement coming this weekend...

18 year olds are easily impressed. Saban walks and talks like he has a 10" tool. He carries himself in a way few coaches do and it is reflected in the success of the Alabama program. Call him an *******, cocky, a *****, facts are facts. If we lose a lifetime in state hawkeye fan to Alabama, it speaks volumes about Kirk consistent inability to keep top talent at home. This is what separates him from all of his peers in the same salary range. Kirk acts like Mary has his balls in her purse all the time. Saban not so much.

What exactly do you mean by consistent inability? A majority of the three star and better players? 75%?

lose 6 straight because 2 starting OL went down or because bullock/weisman weren't healthy for a good chunk of the season?

bullock and weisman weren't 4* skill players out of HS, no? Look at our best teams over the past 13 years - what do they all have in common - top flight OLs. our production went down hard after losing our two OTs last year -

bullock and weisman weren't 4* skill players out of HS, no? Look at our best teams over the past 13 years - what do they all have in common - top flight OLs. our production went down hard after losing our two OTs last year -

Flip side of that argument - which is 100% correct, by the way - is that the guys who had to fill in or switch positions (which would in turn cause someone else to switch positions) gained valuable experience that can only be beneficial going forward.

Nobody is mentioning the Academic opportunities that Alabama offers and Iowa just can't compete with.

Lazard tweeting big news tomorrow. Apparently friends with Ross. Not sounding good. If he flips I won't blame him, buts it's yet more chitty news involving Iowa football. Which is getting quite old.

I wouldn't appreciate it if my "friend" scooped my news about something like this.

of course no one player makes or breaks a program. RP could come to Iowa and have an injury prone career. But if you are saying that guys like Bulaga, Reiff, etc are a dime a dozen (like people seem to insinuate when talking about OL and Iowa in these threads) and don't make the difference that a skill player makes, I think that is crazy talk.

Just look at what happened with Iowa last year when the two starting OTs went down for the year. You might have a star RB, but without a hole, he's going nowhere. Flip side, if you have a monster OL, a true freshman and redshirt freshman can look like stars, even if one is constantly self-medicating, and the other is banging everything in sight.

This. The guys like Eubanks, Calloway (to a degree), etc. are a dime a dozen for Iowa under Ferentz. Piersbacher has a chance to be a guy like Gallery, Bulaga, etc. Those guys are special, even at Iowa.

I wouldn't appreciate it if my "friend" scooped my news about something like this.

It was pretty cryptic. He hardly scooped on this one, especially since I'm sure most people don't assume that Lazard and Ross are friends in the first place.

It was pretty cryptic. He hardly scooped on this one, especially since I'm sure most people don't assume that Lazard and Ross are friends in the first place.

Still, if you tell someone something in confidence (if that is what he did), you probably don't want that person even hinting about it on Twitter.

It seems that the longer this takes, the better it looks for him staying at Iowa.

As I analyze the very incomplete data, it seems that he did want to switch to Alabama, probably under pressure from Satan. But, as word leaked out, he got lots of input from Iowa that is making him rethink his decision, such as forcing Alabama to take his decision on his timeline rather than theirs. Now I expect him to come out and say that he is opening up his recruitment, but not say that he is committing to Alabama.

Hopefully, Satan putting pressure on him will backfire bigtime and hurt his reputation as a recruiter.

Still, if you tell someone something in confidence (if that is what he did), you probably don't want that person even hinting about it on Twitter.

Almost no one would even think to wonder if he was hinting about Ross, though. Most people wondered if maybe Lazard was the one decommitting.

If you're a high-profile recruit and don't want your decision getting leaked, you don't tell anyone at all what you're thinking. You'll notice that the rumors were out there long before Lazard tweeted anything.

It seems that the longer this takes, the better it looks for him staying at Iowa.

As I analyze the very incomplete data, it seems that he did want to switch to Alabama, probably under pressure from Satan. But, as word leaked out, he got lots of input from Iowa that is making him rethink his decision, such as forcing Alabama to take his decision on his timeline rather than theirs. Now I expect him to come out and say that he is opening up his recruitment, but not say that he is committing to Alabama.

Hopefully, Satan putting pressure on him will backfire bigtime and hurt his reputation as a recruiter.
People have known Saban is an a-hole since MSU and it still somehow hasn't hurt so I doubt anything here will

This. The guys like Eubanks, Calloway (to a degree), etc. are a dime a dozen for Iowa under Ferentz. Piersbacher has a chance to be a guy like Gallery, Bulaga, etc. Those guys are special, even at Iowa.

i note that you indicate 'to a degree' with calloway - he was a pretty good OL himself. Iowa has had very good OTs under Ferentz, but the Bulaga's and Reiffs aren't overflowing. But when they are, or when we have a line like '09, the offense works as it is supposed to.

What about that Kozan kid who stretched out the game a week past signing day, then went to Auburn. I thought about burning my house down after that.

495345.gif

just don't know if I can stand the suspense...I mean my life is hanging in the balance

495345.gif

just don't know if I can stand the suspense...I mean my life is hanging in the balance
These posts are funny to me. NC cares so little that he went to a hawkeye message board, found the thread clearly marked on this kid's decision, undoubtedly read a good portion of the 4 pages worth of posts, but clearly cares much much less than everyone else.

i note that you indicate 'to a degree' with calloway - he was a pretty good OL himself. Iowa has had very good OTs under Ferentz, but the Bulaga's and Reiffs aren't overflowing. But when they are, or when we have a line like '09, the offense works as it is supposed to.

The '08 line was better, IMO, solely because Bruggeman was better than Eubanks. Rob isn't that far behind Nelson as the second-best center Ferentz has had.

The '08 line was better, IMO, solely because Bruggeman was better than Eubanks. Rob isn't that far behind Nelson as the second-best center Ferentz has had.

hummm, i think you're right. which makes me want to start a thread on it!

This is absolutely correct. Bruggs was sorely underrated and one of my all-time favorite Hawks.

I don't think you can assume the above. It's also quite possible that he went down there and realized it was the premier program in college football where he'd likely win a NC. (maybe more than one). He eyes were opened to a "bigger world"...so to speak. But, he's having a hard time with the emotional part of "leaving home" (including his commitment).

He may growing into the idea as he thinks it over. If it was "Alabama is a great program...but I want to be a Hawkeye"... i think he'd of said so shortly after coming back home.

Only he knows for sure.

Latest posts