Ross announcement coming this weekend...

1345414452261.gif

The prevailing hypothesis now is Ross wants to switch to Bama but is probably worried about the backlash from Iowa fans and schoolmates.

So he's at yesterday's state baseball tournament in Des Moines wearing Hawkeye attire and now he's going to announce Alabama?..........my $$ are on the Hawkeyes staying in the preferred position with this recruit.

somehow, inspite of a "deadline" by Nick, I don't think they'll suddenly stop pursuing him if the reaffirms Iowa.

Call me crazy, but id rather lose a 4Star O-line man over a 4 star skill position, or D-line . Sure it will hurt losing him, but this is one position that i dont lose sleep over.

Call me crazy, but id rather lose a 4Star O-line man over a 4 star skill position, or D-line . Sure it will hurt losing him, but this is one position that i dont lose sleep over.

I don't want to lose anybody. If Kirk can't keep a top kid in the state, that grew up an Iowa fan, and plays the position Iowa routinely sends to the NFL, then the state of the program is worse off than everybody thinks.

Exactly. Look at last year. We lost two starting o-lineman and the next 2 dudes came in and it was like nothing changed.

Lets face it guys, this isn't about position of need at all. Like others have said, Iowa can easily reload on OL. It's one of the positions Iowa loads up on. No, this is not about need, it's about perception. This is about Iowa keeping their #1 prospect. It's about the coaching staff showing that even in low times they can still bring in top talent, especially in-state talent. It's about the perception between Iowa and ISU. One program has momentum, one is stuck in the mud. One program not only has convinced their top target to ignore the big guys, but they convinced him to become their lead recruiter. The other program has a top recruit that has a stiffy for the other guys. If Ross bolts, recruiting wise we will still be OK. However the damage to perception will not fade so easily.

All this hand-wringing and teeth-gnashing over where a 17 (18?) year old kid decides to go to school. Maybe when he does make a decision, there can be 5 different threads about at the same time, because merging them into one thread would be too easy.

Exactly. Look at last year. We lost two starting o-lineman and the next 2 dudes came in and it was like nothing changed.

very well put.

Iowa's success is predicated on OL and DL play. Iowa has shown that it can take a low-star RB and have great success. Our best WRs have been converted QBs. And now they are WR all time record holders at Iowa.

Iowa doesn't have an overflowing wealth of OL - to knight's point - last season ended up the way it did by and large due to the PSU game and losing our two starting and very good OTs.

Mark me down as one who would hate to lose a high star OL like RP.

All this hand-wringing and teeth-gnashing over where a 17 (18?) year old kid decides to go to school. Maybe when he does make a decision, there can be 5 different threads about at the same time, because merging them into one thread would be too easy.

Perhaps you would enlighten me on what we should be talking about on this August evening when absolutely nothing Hawkeye related is going on except this.

Latest posts