Rose would probably select Sparty

No one gave us a chance this year to even be Bowl eligible,now people don't think the ROSE or ORLANDO (Citrus Bowl) is a big deal.LMAO. Orlando on NYEve is a blast and probably playing a SEC team would be great, Rose Bowl only game on at that time,great for recruiting.Maybe some of you would rather go to Detroit or NYC.Lets just keep winning and let the chips fall where they may.Go Hawks

This is exactly why the Rose Bowl doesn't mean d!ck. It meant a lot back in the Fry era when it showed you were "The" Big10 team, but now it's more or less an honorable mention pat on the back. For the most part just a popularity contest which has no defined measure to get in. People who get hung up on the Rose Bowl for the Hawks and would rather go there than the playoffs amaze me. I get it that you have these deep seated Hayden issues from the 80s but come on.

Last edited:
If we make it to the Big Ten championship game and lose, the hope is that we end up in one of the "New Year's Six" games. They are all equivalent to the Rose Bowl, and guarantee a highly ranked opponent. That would be good enough for me.

You must be a young buck. Anyone with any age them them wants the Rose.
That year we did the Orange and not the Rose I was pretty miffed.

The more I read and think about statements the Chairman said the more ticked I get. Unless there are extenuating circumstances, like an 8-4 team reaches the BIG Championship game, the alternate Rose Bowl representative should be the loser of that game.

This is not something we'll need to worry about.

If Ohio State is in the playoff, and Iowa/Sparty both have 1 loss, then Iowa will go to the Rose Bowl.

If necessary, the ranking will magically work out in Iowa's favor, because that's just too good a chance to be passed up.

Bank on it.

Latest posts