Roh Roh!

Northside Hawk

The Bills have signed free agent Leonard Floyd to go along with Von Miller on the other side, meaning the sand is just about run out of the hourglass for AJ Epenesa.

Eppy has been an underachiever and the Bills have found out why he slipped to the second round. He had a decent rookie year but has regressed rather than build off it. And he looked terrible in the post season vs Cincinnati. Bad tackling form, choosing wrong gaps, pushed past the QB, showing up just in time to clean up plays.

Not sure where he goes if the Bills cut him. The Rams? Bears? His rookie deal is up at the end of this year and he has a lot to prove.

Miller is 34 and is rehabbing a torn ACL and may not be ready for the beginning of the season. Epenesa is in his contract year and his cap hit is $1.8 million. He had his best season and played well on the inside as well as against the run. He's a different type of DE than they have on their roster. Also, they did add Floyd but lost Edwards, who is also an OLB/Edge type.

Hopefully, Eppy finds a niche and excels somewhere.

On a side note, both Van Ness and LaPorta are lighting it up in their respective camps.

I don't think Eppy is going anywhere and I disagree with the suggestion that he has been a bust. He has been a solid rotational player in one of the elite defenses in the league. He had 6.5 sacks last year!

He will get to a second contract with the Bills or someone. He may never be a superstar, but I think he still has a solid career in front of him. You can teach technique and coach up better effort. You can't teach freakish athleticism.

Miller is 34 he's going to be starting to noticeably regress pretty soon. Plus he's hurt a lot so having depth at that spot is a must for them anyway. Yeah AJ hasn't had a great start to his career but he's good enough to be in the league. Will Buffalo extend him? I haven't heard any rumblings which way they are leaning. Maybe for the right price but it's tough to say.

I don't think Eppy is going anywhere and I disagree with the suggestion that he has been a bust. He has been a solid rotational player in one of the elite defenses in the league. He had 6.5 sacks last year!

He will get to a second contract with the Bills or someone. He may never be a superstar, but I think he still has a solid career in front of him. You can teach technique and coach up better effort. You can't teach freakish athleticism.

A bit like Clayborn, no?

Latest posts