Rodney Coe

That would be great for him and secondarily good for the fb team. He is also mentioned as a good LB recruit.

I'm glad he wants to make it back to us. Has he only played RB at IWCC? At the start of the year they talked like they might use him on the D-line. I would say if he plays only RB there next year, that's what he'll be at Iowa whether that's his ideal position or not.

In talking with the IWCC coach, right now it is a slam dunk that he returns to Iowa. As of now he is not on their recruiting list because of his commitment to Iowa. Obviously things can change, but right now Rodney is focused on Iowa only.

He played RB this year, and played well. The IWCC staff has internally talked about a move to DL, as he could be very good. However, he is an absolute animal at RB so it is hard for them to move him. I would assume that with the talent at IWCC that they could afford to put him at either position. I am guessing they have been in touch with the Iowa staff and will play him where they think Iowa wants him to be.

I'm glad he wants to make it back to us. Has he only played RB at IWCC? At the start of the year they talked like they might use him on the D-line. I would say if he plays only RB there next year, that's what he'll be at Iowa whether that's his ideal position or not.

Is his possible return for the '13 season then? No chance for '12?

In talking with the IWCC coach, right now it is a slam dunk that he returns to Iowa. As of now he is not on their recruiting list because of his commitment to Iowa. Obviously things can change, but right now Rodney is focused on Iowa only.

He played RB this year, and played well. The IWCC staff has internally talked about a move to DL, as he could be very good. However, he is an absolute animal at RB so it is hard for them to move him. I would assume that with the talent at IWCC that they could afford to put him at either position. I am guessing they have been in touch with the Iowa staff and will play him where they think Iowa wants him to be.

Thats good to hear. Like I said, I like he ones who put their head down and work for everything they get. Shows character.

Is his possible return for the '13 season then? No chance for '12?

no chance for 2012. rules dictate must complete at juco level, or like a normal transfer, sit out a year.

Did he end up as their best rb?

Statistically I am not sure if he ended up as their top runner. I believe the other back was named Singleton - former UNI player I think. He was a totally different runner than Coe - smaller, quicker. They used them both a lot, and actually were a very good passing team.

Lol.. well played.

Funny...but not historically accurate. I have went back into the archives and KF has typically played more than 1 back a lot and proved he would this year early on. Canzeri and Bullock were both oft injured late season and McAll was something else....

Chad

It really doesnt matter, with his size and supposed athletic ability, he would see pt faster on the D side.

Latest posts