Rodney Coe - Top 2??

and the other being?

the news that has come out today has to help his recruitment.. playing time has to be in the picture for this stud

I have seen several different versions of this. One says he is down to two, Iowa and K-State, one says he's down to Iowa and Ill. Another says that whoever the top 2 are, that is it, a top 2 and he could still go to another school.

After watching Thomas at Kstate and Lashoure at Illinois those two may be looking better and better.

Well if he decides to go to Illinois it won't the 1st time that a rb picks them over the Hawks. Im looking at you jason ford

Is anyone else a little worried about the offers going out to Carson and the kid that decommited from Colorado? Could this be a sign Coe has soured on Iowa?

I don't think so..

Is anyone else a little worried about the offers going out to Carson and the kid that decommited from Colorado? Could this be a sign Coe has soured on Iowa?

look at the RB depth chart for 2011 season. Coker and De'Andre Johnson are the only sure bets. Robinson is free to join the team again in January if he gets his academics (or whatever) in order, but that is no sure thing at this point. That's it as far as viable options at RB. Rodgers is the fullback next year.

At the minimum, Iowa would/should bring in two RB's in this class. Having offers out to 3 guys is not unusual, there are probably even more that we're not aware of. You have to be recruiting a larger pool than what you would actually get. I don't think that any of this is a sign that Coe is souring. Just Iowa trying to cover bases.

With Gordon decomitting, Hampton moving on, and Robinson in limbo, we certainly have to pick up the pace before Feb signing. I would also add that Ferentz rarely waits late into the recruiting season for a recruit to make up his mind. I don't think Coe will be an exception.

I would guess we're nearing the point of first come first served for signing RBs that we've offered.

With Gordon decomitting, Hampton moving on, and Robinson in limbo, we certainly have to pick up the pace before Feb signing. I would also add that Ferentz rarely waits late into the recruiting season for a recruit to make up his mind. I don't think Coe will be an exception.

I would guess we're nearing the point of first come first served for signing RBs that we've offered.

There are plenty of examples of Ferentz waiting for players - and many players have benefited from that as they picked up last minute offers given players KF had waited for hadn't panned out (Brandon Myers, for example, picked up a late offer) Can you site any examples of him not waiting until year end for a player he wanted?

There are plenty of examples of Ferentz waiting for players - and many players have benefited from that as they picked up last minute offers given players KF had waited for hadn't panned out (Brandon Myers, for example, picked up a late offer) Can you site any examples of him not waiting until year end for a player he wanted?

I agree, many players have been given last minute offers by this coach. I think we're looking at this in two different ways. The Rodney Coe type players that are highly touted coming out of high school are not the type of players that we commonly win the battle for in the end so we must always have a Plan B working. Brandon Myers was not one of those 4 star type players that was recruited by many major programs though he certainly proved himself over time. One announcement I found on Brandon Myer's commitment to the Hawks in 2004 indicated he chose Iowa over UNI.....not the same deal with Coe.

Latest posts