Robinson Appeared to Be on Crutches

BQuastU

...while Ferentz was being interviewed after the game. Hope I am wrong, but somebody, who looked a lot like Adam Robinson was going to the locker room on crutches. Again, hope I am wrong, but think it was him.

...while Ferentz was being interviewed after the game. Hope I am wrong, but somebody, who looked a lot like Adam Robinson was going to the locker room on crutches. Again, hope I am wrong, but think it was him.

I replayed that play several times and I had a twisted ankle. Anybody else see the same thing?

Someone else said high ankle sprain...the same issue Brinson has had since August! Hopefully it's not serious...if he's out next week, hopefully the coaches get Wegher coached up and we get to see a little more Brinson!

Almost posted, but decided to check first...Brinson was on the participation logs last week, but not this week. Wegher then Paki if Robinson can't go?

Another post has BW with a rib injury. I have NO IDEA what is true, except that it now appears certain that it was Robinson walking off the field with crutches, but that would suck. Fortunately, Indiana is next week. Please not Paki. Maybe burn Brad Rodgers' redshirt. Let's hope the two frosh are playing next week, notwithstanding tonight's purported injuries.

Didn't Coach tell Jon Tuesday that JB was still in a "boot" in his Kirk On The Side interview?!?!

He may have but that doesn't tell us a whole lot. How long will he be in the boot? He was on the participation list against Wisconsin while in the boot so how severe is the injury? Seems like a cloud of mystery is surrounding Brinson.

Please not Paki. Maybe burn Brad Rodgers' redshirt. Let's hope the two frosh are playing next week, notwithstanding tonight's purported injuries.

I hope we don't have to burn Rogers' redshirt. That would give us 5 sophomore running backs next season...we've got to find a way to stagger some of this talent! If we can get at least one of our frosh back next week, maybe we can steal enough carries, then go with more of a short passing attack to supplement the running game.

Of course, we could just wait for the official injury report too!

Didn't Coach tell Jon Tuesday that JB was still in a "boot" in his Kirk On The Side interview?!?!

Yes, but:

Participation Report (Final)
2009 University of Iowa Football
Iowa Hawkeyes vs Wisconsin (Oct 17, 2009 at Madison, Wisconsin)
Iowa Hawkeyes: 1-Murray, Daniel, 3-Wegher, Brandon, 3B-Spading, Kyle, 4B-White, Jason, 5-Donahue, Ryan, 6D-Tobin, Matt, 6-Davis, Keenan, 7-McNutt, Marvin, 10-Lowe, William, 18-Hyde, Micah, 22-Sandeman, Colin, 25-O'Meara, Paki, 31-Cato, David, 33-Tarpinian, Jeff, 34-Rowell, Chris, 40-Swanson, Jack, 44-Brinson, Jeff, 45-Nielsen, Tyler, 47-Leppert, Wade, 56-Zusevics, M., 57-Davis, Bruce, 58-Daniel, Lebron, 61-Meade, Travis, 63-Vandervelde, J., 65-Schulze, Andrew, 82-Reisner, Allen, 93-Daniels, Mike.

I hope we don't have to burn Rogers' redshirt. That would give us 5 sophomore running backs next season...we've got to find a way to stagger some of this talent! If we can get at least one of our frosh back next week, maybe we can steal enough carries, then go with more of a short passing attack to supplement the running game.

Of course, we could just wait for the official injury report too!

Agreed.

almost certain that robinson is out with a severe high ankle sprain. Surgery was mentioned, which could increase the likelyhood he'd be ready to compete in a december/january bowl, but he's probably not going to see more time this regular season. Wegher is said to have a partially cracked rib. We'll see more once practice gets going this week

almost certain that robinson is out with a severe high ankle sprain. Surgery was mentioned, which could increase the likelyhood he'd be ready to compete in a december/january bowl, but he's probably not going to see more time this regular season. Wegher is said to have a partially cracked rib. We'll see more once practice gets going this week

Where did you hear surgery was an option???

connections, like everyone else tends to have. He has been in boot and crutches though. A severe high ankle sprain would put him at 6-8 wks out, so even if a surgery happened, we probably wouldnt see him til bowling starts going on considering there are only 4 weeks left. More should come out as the week goes on, although the injury did happen literally 24 hours ago, so there's probably no telling for a few days exactly how bad it's looking.

Latest posts