Robert Gallery Retires

TecmoSuperHawk

Tweet from Jason La Canfora

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora
Patriots announce G Robert Gallery retires. Even more uncertainty on their offensive line now

Surprising.

It was either that or get cut. The vaunted
2002-2004 Iowa lines haven't reached their potential in the pros for various reasons. - mostly injury.

Has he been battling injuries lately?

Even if he'd gotten cut, chances are good he would have eventually been picked up at some point.

The pride of Class A District 3. He gave Hawk fans a lot to cheer about. I just wish he could've started with a better organization like the Pats instead of the Raiders. He may still be playing.

Here's to you Mr. Gallery! :toast:

May Robert Gallery live a good life and healthy life in retirement.

Robert Gallery led as a left tackle in 2002 and 2003 (he came back as a 5 th year senior) to a couple of great years that won double digits and finished in great bowl games.

It was not Robert's fault he was drafted into the most dysfuntional NFL team for the last 10 years.

It was not Robert's fault he suffered injuries.

It was not Robert's fault that he had to play under multiple head coaches, OC's, schemes and position changes.

Go Robert... may you enjoy life and if you choose.. give back and remember your Hawkeye roots.

May Robert Gallery live a good life and healthy life in retirement.Robert Gallery led as a left tackle in 2002 and 2003 (he came back as a 5 th year senior) to a couple of great years that won double digits and finished in great bowl games.It was not Robert's fault he was drafted into the most dysfuntional NFL team for the last 10 years.It was not Robert's fault he suffered injuries.It was not Robert's fault that he had to play under multiple head coaches, OC's, schemes and position changes.Go Robert... may you enjoy life and if you choose.. give back and remember your Hawkeye roots.
+1!

Nothing says "failure" like being 32 yr old former pro athlete who retires with 50 million $$$ in a Swiss banking account. His parents are probably ashamed of him.:p

I hope he has been wise with his $$ and is now set for life. So many ex athletes go broke soon after retirement.

Last edited:
The rich are different than you and I.

"The world is getting to be such a dangerous place, a man is lucky to get out of it alive."

W,C , Fields

I hope he has been wise with his $$ and is now set for life. So many ex athletes go broke soon after retirement.

He strikes me as the type of guy that doesn't run out an buy 3 new Range Rovers and a couple of gold chains when he signs a deal.

Hopefully he has tucked away a lot of cash.

Hope he hasn't changed much. My wife still talks about how he helped her get something off of a high shelf at Walmart back in the day. Said he was very nice and chatted with her a bit while they found what they were looking for. She was thrilled when he went in the first round.

I wish him all the best as he moves into the next phase of his life.

I remember hearing stories from a couple friends of mine that played at Iowa in the mid 2000's that Robert was very thrifty even after signing his large initial contract. Said he always flew coach and would stay on his brother's couch back in Iowa City instead of paying for a hotel room.

If he has kept that mindset up he should fine.

Nothing says "failure" like being 32 yr old former pro athlete who retires with 50 million $$$ in a Swiss banking account. His parents are probably ashamed of him.:p

There is some serious grammar fail here. Apparently I can't handle Pabst Blue Ribbon.:eek:

May Robert Gallery live a good life and healthy life in retirement.Robert Gallery led as a left tackle in 2002 and 2003 (he came back as a 5 th year senior) to a couple of great years that won double digits and finished in great bowl games.It was not Robert's fault he was drafted into the most dysfuntional NFL team for the last 10 years.It was not Robert's fault he suffered injuries.It was not Robert's fault that he had to play under multiple head coaches, OC's, schemes and position changes.Go Robert... may you enjoy life and if you choose.. give back and remember your Hawkeye roots.

for ****s sake, the man didnt die he retired.

for ****s sake, the man didnt die he retired.

I know, right??
Dude is 32 and apparently in decent health.
Over the past decade, he signed contracts that rewarded him with tens of millions of dollars for playing a game.
And now, at 32, he is "retired" with tens of millions of dollars.
WTF is up with all the koolaid drinkers mourning him?!?

Some of you Hokk fans make me smh. :(:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts