Rob/Scott podcast

Hawkfnntn

I was pretty bummed to hear about how the Athletic is shelving Scotts article on Doyle. I know he'd been teasing it for awhile and I can only imagine the amount of time he put into something like that. Talking to as many different people etc. Is there not a way for him to hand it off to someone else (like a Rob Howe) so he could tweak it and put some of it in his own words and have it mostly put out? It just seems like a story that shouldn't be shelved due to it being an election year or whatever lazy reason his employer must have.

Once I'd heard about how Doyle and KF sat not far from each other at a banquet this yr and neither spoke to each other that just added intrigue to it all. After all the years and years of them being tied at the hip to go to giving each other cold shoulders is wild to me. Was any of that asked about at media days? If so I missed it. I'm just bummed for Scotty D. I could tell he was seething when he was talking about it.

When you boil it down, you probably have two sides to each particular story. And law suits would happen and the only person who wins are the lawyers. I would guess Beth didn't want any more of this crap.

When you boil it down, you probably have two sides to each particular story. And law suits would happen and the only person who wins are the lawyers. I would guess Beth didn't want any more of this crap.
To which part are you meaning? As to why the Athletic wouldn't let Scott publish the story?

The lawsuit side to it all has already been litigated. I don't think anything else will become of it now.

To which part are you meaning? As to why the Athletic wouldn't let Scott publish the story?

The lawsuit side to it all has already been litigated. I don't think anything else will become of it
potential suits arising from the article from Doyle or other collateral damage (defemation, etc etc). I have to assume that its just not worth it to The Athletic.

potential suits arising from the article from Doyle or other collateral damage (defemation, etc etc). I have to assume that its just not worth it to The Athletic.
Yeah they'd want to avoid all that for sure. I can't imagine Scott woulda wrote any of this in any such a way that woulda been construed as defamation. He doesn't really add his opinions to stories such as this. He asks questions and takes quotes. He's a pretty dang good reporter and journalist in that regard. He'll add his opinions when doing podcasts and even then he treads lightly. There's certainly reasons why they won't publish it maybe that's one of em.

Latest posts