Rob Sand Wants Barta Out

I work at the university and I never hear anything from her, hardly any emails likes the presidents in the past etc.. I just don't think she is locked into the athletics like many presidents are. It's actually kind of weird. She just doesn't seem to have a big footprint in athletics. Not sure she really gives a flip.
Mysterious... Usually those that don't want to be hands on don't want controversy. So at the very sniff of any they should be more apt to let go of people in Bartas shoes and replace them with someone who'll keep the ship steady. That said Barta has raised an enourmous amount of $ for the school. The programs themselves are all doing very well. So it's almost like 2 out of the 3 main things his job is about he's done well at. Maybe that's enough for her I dunno.

I work at the university and I never hear anything from her, hardly any emails likes the presidents in the past etc.. I just don't think she is locked into the athletics like many presidents are. It's actually kind of weird. She just doesn't seem to have a big footprint in athletics. Not sure she really gives a flip.
I've heard the same thing. It sounds like someone who wanted a cushy job for a few years as they coast into retirement. She doesn't seem to want to make any real decisions. Who knows though...that's just what I hear 2nd-hand.

I've heard the same thing. It sounds like someone who wanted a cushy job for a few years as they coast into retirement. She doesn't seem to want to make any real decisions. Who knows though...that's just what I hear 2nd-hand.

I mean when the president was brought up, I actually had to stop to think "What is the name of our president again.". I honestly had to take a moment to think about it. I knew it was a woman who came from Purdue. I really don't hear much from her.

I mean when the president was brought up, I actually had to stop to think "What is the name of our president again.". I honestly had to take a moment to think about it. I knew it was a woman who came from Purdue. I really don't hear much from her.

Virtually all of these people are hellafied grifters. I don't know anything about this lady or even her name, but many people in that "club" are just trying to get the next best thing. They want to be legitimized by getting hired by Standford or Michigan or some school like that. Very few of them have any institutional loyalty. The whole process of picking outside people for a job like that is totally jacked up. I'd rather have the unapologetic Iowa loyalist who has a softer CV than some starfvcker who is going to leave when Harvard needs a new provost or whatever but the powers that be don't want to do that. The more rural schools like Iowa, ISU, Kansas, Oklahoma State, etc. really should all go that route, absolute die hards who truly care about the long term viability of the school because they've loved it their whole life.

Virtually all of these people are hellafied grifters. I don't know anything about this lady or even her name, but many people in that "club" are just trying to get the next best thing. They want to be legitimized by getting hired by Standford or Michigan or some school like that. Very few of them have any institutional loyalty. The whole process of picking outside people for a job like that is totally jacked up. I'd rather have the unapologetic Iowa loyalist who has a softer CV than some starfvcker who is going to leave when Harvard needs a new provost or whatever but the powers that be don't want to do that. The more rural schools like Iowa, ISU, Kansas, Oklahoma State, etc. really should all go that route, absolute die hards who truly care about the long term viability of the school because they've loved it their whole life.

Sue Coleman was an Iowa president and ended up going to Michigan.

Hell yeah! Unfortunately it's a completely different world these career administrators live in. And it goes the same for some profs in the more specialized areas who feel resentful of being stuck in the middle of fly-over land. God forbid they should actually have to teach an undergrad class and be required to impart their knowledge on a new generation.

I guess I was very fortunate. I got my under grad degree at Nebraska Wesleyan University on Lincoln in English and education. My dad and mom insisted that I enroll at Iowa and study for a Masters degree in English. R. G. Carlson and J. Conner were two of the pre-eminent scholars in adolescent literature research and taught most of my courses. They became mentors and friends.

Later on, my advisor and mentor George Chambers, a pre-eminent national scholar in school finance, offered me a grad assistantship to go into residency on my doctorate. George had returned to the classroom after many years as Sandy Boyd’s vice president for finance. Among other things, George was the only administrator allowed direct communication with Roy J Carver. George was also the go to guy with the head of the finance committee in the Iowa legislature. The other prof’s in that department taught every single course I took. I also became acquainted with the Dean of the College of Education during that time. The courses I took were challenging, comprehensive, and just plain fascinating.

I realize these were grad level courses. No TA’s. But as a result of my time as a grad student at Iowa I had a rewarding 40 year career and credit my mentors at U of I for their contributions. Just have almost no negative thoughts about my experiences at Iowa.

I guess I was very fortunate. I got my under grad degree at Nebraska Wesleyan University on Lincoln in English and education. My dad and mom insisted that I enroll at Iowa and study for a Masters degree in English. R. G. Carlson and J. Conner were two of the pre-eminent scholars in adolescent literature research and taught most of my courses. They became mentors and friends.

Later on, my advisor and mentor George Chambers, a pre-eminent national scholar in school finance, offered me a grad assistantship to go into residency on my doctorate. George had returned to the classroom after many years as Sandy Boyd’s vice president for finance. Among other things, George was the only administrator allowed direct communication with Roy J Carver. George was also the go to guy with the head of the finance committee in the Iowa legislature. The other prof’s in that department taught every single course I took. I also became acquainted with the Dean of the College of Education during that time. The courses I took were challenging, comprehensive, and just plain fascinating.

I realize these were grad level courses. No TA’s. But as a result of my time as a grad student at Iowa I had a rewarding 40 year career and credit my mentors at U of I for their contributions. Just have almost no negative thoughts about my experiences at Iowa.

You were obviously there before the introduction of the internal combustion engine because had you been there during the period in which the automobile was the primary mode of transportation in this country you would have negative thoughts about the jackasses who run parking on the campus.

Has anyone here actually been in the President's digs at the end of Clinton Street?

The closest I ever got was walking by it a few hundred times when I lived on frat row on dubuque street.

While I agree that settling it is the way to go because this is a settlement that is likely barely above defense costs and it avoids awkward depositions and trial witnesses, I disagree about being Barta neutral.

You correctly note how much TV revenues have expanded, through no effort of GarBar. There has been a massive asset bubble brewing for over a decade. There are all kinds of CEOs whose sole claim to fame is being CEO when a big bubble was underway. Barta is in that camp. I am 100% convinced that Barta is absolutely NOT the guy you want if interest rates stay high for 5 years and we have persistent economic doldrums. Anyone can raise money when the stock market goes up 30% a year and land goes up 20% a year, but it takes a different style of grifter to raise money when shit hits the fan. In the dot com bubble it took over 3 years from the Fed topping out on rates for the stock market to bottom and it took 13 or 14 years to hit the old highs. In the Great Recession rates peaked in summer of '06 and shit didn't hit the fan until deep into 2008, market didn't bottom until March of 2009. We're in like the second inning of a downturn and Barta ain't gonna be the cat we want running the ship as it starts to take on water.

Couldn’t agree more bro. BTN was a game changer for B1G AD’s and B1G coach’s. $$$$$$$$$$

Latest posts