Rob Howe's article on Oglesby is damn good

I live about 90 mins form the illini and heard alot of talk from fans(that they would like to have Josh) I told them he would sign with us after the ISU game, well better late than never!!.But there was a want and need for a player like josh here!! So glad to get him and LOVE the bring Iowa BACK and bring in the in-staters attitude!!! good day for the hawks and more to come!!

Nice get for Coach Caff. I like the fact the kid truly wants to be a Hawk. Right now, that is what we need. Kids who can play, but also have the heart and commitment to a program they want to see back on track. Kudos Caff ... And welcome to the newest Hawk!

That kid sounds like the catalyst that Coach Fran need to start his rebuilding. Looking forward to Basketball now more than ever!

He wants to be at Iowa...and more importantly wants to help Coach Fran fulfill his vision for Iowa. Athletes working hand in hand with the coach is something that warms this old coaches heart. Once that happens great things will happen. My best teams were those that had kids doing anything for me and me doing anything for them...watch out B10.

Josh reads like a classy person in addition to being a classy player. Hopefully this leads to better things for Iowa.

Wasn't he suspended at the beginning of last season for violating team rules or something? Does anyone know more about this?
Was not hanging w/ the right people when they got caught. Yes, suspended in the beginning of the season as a junior.

Does it say anywhere what rules he actually broke? I am assuming its not a big deal but unfortunately there is some bad history with the Iowa program recently with this behavior.
There are some rumors out there as to what happened, one being alcohol. But again, most people you talk to about say it was a wrong place, wrong time thing. He's moved on and so has everyone else.

I'm very excited we are getting a player of this caliber (type of player he is and type of person he is) coming to Iowa.

Latest posts