Rob Howe Having it Out With Perrault...

There is certainly a point to Perrault's side of things. I played the podcast for my wife, and noticed Howe stated outright, that " Stanzi did not know". Does this logic go both ways, or because it is not damaging to the program it is ok to state something as fact that Howe has no way of knowing.

Hey! This is no place for logic!

Seriously though, I think someone nailed it on the first page of this thread: MP thought this was going to be a bigger story today and had the show all prepped for that. When it wasn't, he was locked into making mountains out of hills.

Hey! This is no place for logic!

Seriously though, I think someone nailed it on the first page of this thread: MP thought this was going to be a bigger story today and had the show all prepped for that. When it wasn't, he was locked into making mountains out of hills.

LOL

And I am not doubting your point at all. But it does seem as if some people would like the show to be zero opinion or discussion, possibly just read the press releases and stat lines for two hours?

Based on this quote from Rob, it appears to me he was speculating that Stanzi didn't know, just as Perrault was speculating that Stanzi did know. Here is Rob's quote from today's show:

“I’m gonna go out on a limb here guys and say Ricky Stanzi does not hang out with DJK and nor does he know what goes on his personal lifeâ€￾

And I'll believe Rob Howe, a guy that is around the program and has more knowledge of the program of most on these boards, than I will of a guy that sits in a sports studio in Des Moines, Ia.

+1 PatrickAdam.

And man that was great radio! Thank you to whoever posted the mediaplayer link. Great stuff.

I feel like I owe Rob at 3 months of premium content fee. And he's right, MP is a Punk

THANK YOU, ROB HOWE! You sir communicated to Matt exactly what all sensible, reasonable individuals have been shouting at their radios ever since Matt arrived. This guy IS a shock jock. This guy IS sensationalistic. And this guy IS all giddy like a school girl whenever something bad happens to Iowa, or really any school. He loves the big story and he'll do anything to stir the pot (responsibly or not).

I listened to the segment live. Whether or not Stanzi or other teammates knew is really a mute point. Unless you are close personal contacts with these guys, you'll NEVER know for certain one way or the other. So get over it, Matt. The point that was being contended during the highly entertaining argument was that Matt is a sensationalistic, irresponsible member of the media who loves making outrageous statements for attention. His ego is larger than life (for no apparent reason). Your typical shock jock. That may work on the east coast but this is Iowa. We want a down to earth, knowledgeable talk show host (Rob Howe, Jon Miller, Steve Deace, Ken Miller, etc.).

I will be mailing a letter to the general managers at KXNO tomorrow morning. I will post it here when it is complete. I find it extremely comical that some egotistical buffoon feels so important that he can alienate guests and threaten to never have them on again only to hang up on them after being too immature to carry on an adult conversation....with a GUEST nonetheless. What a joke. Ultimately, the listeners lose because we miss out on the perspective from someone who is close to the program and was in the same room as Barta/KF today and instead are forced to listen to the illogical meanderings of an egomaniac so fixated on "how he rolls" and "people calling him out" that he is simply unable to complete an interview with a guest.

Ken Miller may just be KXNO's MVP right now for babysitting his last two co-hosts. Get a grip, KXNO.

I will also be purchasing some form of content from Rob's site (sorry Jon) for his part in todays "interview." I will also be boycotting the afternoon show until Matt is canned and I will encourage anyone and everyone I know to boycott the show as well.

THANK YOU, ROB HOWE! You sir communicated to Matt exactly what all sensible, reasonable individuals have been shouting at their radios ever since Matt arrived. This guy IS a shock jock. This guy IS sensationalistic. And this guy IS all giddy like a school girl whenever something bad happens to Iowa, or really any school. He loves the big story and he'll do anything to stir the pot (responsibly or not).

I listened to the segment live. Whether or not Stanzi or other teammates knew is really a mute point. Unless you are close personal contacts with these guys, you'll NEVER know for certain one way or the other. So get over it, Matt. The point that was being contended during the highly entertaining argument was that Matt is a sensationalistic, irresponsible member of the media who loves making outrageous statements for attention. His ego is larger than life (for no apparent reason). Your typical shock jock. That may work on the east coast but this is Iowa. We want a down to earth, knowledgeable talk show host (Rob Howe, Jon Miller, Steve Deace, Ken Miller, etc.).

I will be mailing a letter to the general managers at KXNO tomorrow morning. I will post it here when it is complete. I find it extremely comical that some egotistical buffoon feels so important that he can alienate guests and threaten to never have them on again only to hang up on them after being too immature to carry on an adult conversation....with a GUEST nonetheless. What a joke. Ultimately, the listeners lose because we miss out on the perspective from someone who is close to the program and was in the same room as Barta/KF today and instead are forced to listen to the illogical meanderings of an egomaniac so fixated on "how he rolls" and "people calling him out" that he is simply unable to complete an interview with a guest.

Ken Miller may just be KXNO's MVP right now for babysitting his last two co-hosts. Get a grip, KXNO.

Haha old people. With their "pens" and "paper" and "non-electronic mail". I would just save the 44 cents, a small tree and the 15 minutes of your life and go for a walk or something.

HAHA!! You can say the same thing for Howe. If my ears heard correctly, Howe was the one name calling and being unprofessional on someone's show. If someone comes to your home and vandalized it, wouldn't you expect to be shown the door. You don't act like that as a guest. If you don't agree, say so professionally, then stop going on the show. Both are at fault. Matt shouldn't have mentioned Stanzi. Have your catfight off air.

Last edited:
Hey Matt, use that "media" credential that you have like Rob's and go tell Ricky that he should have said something. Then make sure you have an audience so Ricky can lay your *** out!
Then again, Ricky probably doesn't know who you are, or care, and if he did know who you were, he probably wouldn't do so as he's a bigger man than you clearly are.

Matt Perrault is getting exactly what he wants though and it's showing in this thread which has had 75+ posts in about an hour. He will continue to go over the top because people listen. If you don't want him on the air stop listening to him.

Bingo. We have a winner.

Rob completely raked this guy over the coals. He was left stuttering and slurring. Doesn't the guy talk for a living? Couldn't he have put up some semblance of a fight?

But how could he say that if he didn't really know? Those types of insane leaps into the unknown should be frowned upon.

Are you so dense you can't see the difference between defaming someone's character and predicting a position change? Yes, they both require jumping to conclusions, but there is a huge difference in ethical behavior.

17 pages and all I can say is MOOT. A point is "moot", not "mute". Man, I'm an insufferable bastard sometimes.

Latest posts