Rob Howe gets it

BSpringsteen

The end of his assessment of the MSU game:

When Iowa enjoyed the 20-6 run from '08-09, they seemed to benefit from some breaks while creating some of their own. The last two years, things have evened out.

Heck, maybe this is Iowa football. This isn't the first time that case would be made. Enjoy the good years because there are going to be unsatisfying ones.

But it's the effort and lack of preparedness that can't be explained by that view. That's controlled by a coaches-players' connection.

That has to change or this is going to continue to go the wrong way for Iowa.

Do you think Rob "And" Howe will ask KF about DJK at Tuesday's presser?

Do you think Rob "And" Howe will ask KF about DJK at Tuesday's presser?

That's a really good and important question. I'm glad you asked that question, and it deserves a response equally as important. When considering the answer to a question of such importance, it is important to really grasp the importance of the answer and the question.

Next question?

That's a really good and important question. I'm glad you asked that question, and it deserves a response equally as important. When considering the answer to a question of such importance, it is important to really grasp the importance of the answer and the question.

Next question?

Casey Stengel, is that you?

Are you running for President?

Vin - yet another really good and important question. It is such an important question that I really want to formulate my thoughts about this and give a thoughtful and respectful response. I've asked my people to set up a press conference for next week to discuss this very matter.

Anyone else?

Explain that's just football?

Well, we're playing football right? I mean, what sense would it make if I said, that's just basketball?

I mean this isn't like we're Emergency Room docs right? No one is coming in with life and death trauma here right?

It's just a game. As a matter of fact, all you people here, why are you even covering this - go interview a doctor.

Next?

Explain that's just football?
Well, we're playing football right? I mean, what sense would it make if I said, that's just basketball? I mean this isn't like we're Emergency Room docs right? No one is coming in with life and death trauma here right? It's just a game. As a matter of fact, all you people here, why are you even covering this - go interview a doctor.Next?

You aren't a doctor? My mistake.

You are a lot smarter than me.

There are lot of people a lot smarter than me.

My wife is a lot smarter than me, and she controls the checkbook

I don't know anything about that I am just trying to make it here on Saturdays.

Umm the last time I checked you guys are not Alabama. Jesus you need to realize your place in CFB hierachy. You should be happy were you are at.

Yeah, he gets it all right:

Texas 2010: 5-7
Texas 2011: 6-3

Florida 2010: 8-5
Florida 2011: 5-5

Yep, both have been national champs as of late and when they do struggle they shake up the staff and try to adjust, we are just like that......except for the titles and making changes thing

Next question?

All of this is important, most importantly.

I really like Rob, but I'm not sure what he's getting at with the "effort" part of his comments. I guess I haven't really seen anything on-field that makes me question effort.

Have I seen some gameday things that I question a little with this staff? Yeah, sure - but I don't think that gameday coaching has ever necessarily been this staff's strong suit, and they've had a good deal of success living without it.

What I see out there this year is a relatively talent-depleted team (especially on the defensive side of the ball - the Hyde-Bernstine-Prater combo is a pretty good one, but even Prater has had a bit of an up & down year). If you are going to critique the staff on anything, it would be on recruiting/player retention.

Latest posts