Road Warriors

WINthePIG

Curious to learn about the travelling habits of HAWKEYENATION for Hawkeye Football . . . . .

1. In how many visiting B10 stadiums have you see IOWA play? . . . . . . AND
2. In how many visiting B10 stadiums have you seen Iowa WIN?

Personally, I have been to all 10 visiting universities (not the NEW Minny stadium though).

I have not seen Iowa win at Indiana, Purdue, OSU, PSU. Hope to check-off Indiana this weekend!

Go Hawks!

Last edited:
Been to every stadium in the Big 10 and only stadium have not seen a win is OSU, and of course the new Minnesota stadium.

Have not been to Penn State, new Minny or Michigan State.

Have been to the rest and saw Iowa win everywhere.

I have witnessed 3 Iowa wins in the Big House. Incredible.

Indiana has been a tough place for iowa - expect a good game Saturday

Been to Wisconsin, minnesota, Michigan. Headed to nw this season. I'm 3 and 0 so far.

you've seen iowa win against OSU in "the shoe"? which game?

Man, you guys are lucky!

I have only been to the Big House ('06) and the Dome ('02, '04, '06, '08). I will check Bloomington off the list this weekend, and the new Minnesota stadium off the list in a couple weeks. Hoping to do the same with NW too, but not sure yet.

Been trying to talk the wife into the Bloomington trip this weekend. Think I've just about worked it out. Haven't seen any wins in other B10 stadiums. Maybe that means I shouldn't go. Been to some good games, just no wins.

Seen Hawkeye wins at the Dump Dome (Twice), Camp Randall (Twice), NW, The Big House. I've been to The Shoe twice and watched losses both times.

Been to Michigan, NW, Indiana, Wiscy, Minn (dome and the old Memorial Stadium). Seen wins in all except Minny's old stadium.

The only away games I've been to have been at the old Kinnick North, twice. So it pretty much goes without saying that they were victories.

Team - # Games Attended - # Iowa Wins

Illinois - 3 - 2 (Beat "Juice")
Northwestern - 5 - 4 (lost once in a blizzard - mid-90s)
Minnesota (dome) - 2 - 2 (there for the goal-post debacle and high-pitched squeel,undefeated B10 Champions - Orange Bowl berth)
Michigan - 4 - 2 (this year, and "Jermelle Lewis runs wild" game)
Michigan State - 3 - 1 (last year - MCNUTT)
Wisconsin - 3 - 2

Indiana - 1 - 0 (Randle-El ran wild on us - we should have won)
Ohio St. - 2 - 0 (two blow-out losses - once we scored 35 unanswered in the 2nd half to cut lead to about 20 - Why can't we beat these guys?)
Penn St. - 1 - 0 (there for the only loss in the past 9 match-ups - darn!)
Purdue - 2 - 0 (should get that win in the next few years since they are now our protected rival)

Overall record: 13 wins - 13 losses.

***On a side note: I have been to EVERY game this year (home/away) and hope to complete the season. I have never done that before!

Go HAWKS!!

Last edited:

Minnesota (dome) - 2 - 2 (there for the goal-post debacle and high-pitched squeel,undefeated B10 Champions - Orange Bowl berth)
Wisconsin - 3 - 2

Ohio St. - 2 - 0 (two blow-out losses - once we scored 35 unanswered in the 2nd half to cut lead to about 20 - Why can't we beat these guys?)
Purdue - 2 - 0 (should get that win in the next few years since they are now our protected rival)

***On a side note: I have been to EVERY game this year (home/away) and hope to complete the season. I have never done that before!

Go HAWKS!!

That'd be impressive. I try to make 9 out of 12 every year (all 7 home games, and 2 road games). I have never topped 9. If I make NW this year, that will give me 10 as I am going to IU and Minnesota for sure.

Wisconsin - 3 - 2

Go HAWKS!!

Way to go.

I'm not as seasoned as most of you...yet...But for a college student,
I've been to:
Old Kinnick North: (Drew Tate, field goal crazy game)
Illinois: (Shonn Greene, last second fieldgoal)
Ohio State: (the OT game last year, WOW even though we lost...that was what a Big Ten title game should be)

next years agenda is: PSU

and this year:
NW
and hopefully Minny to see the Hawks clinch the Rose Bowl after Wisky goes down to NW or Michigan :)
Annnnnd if it is Pasadena...I'll find a way...even if it's hitchhiking.

Been to every stadium except new Minnesota. Haven't seen wins in PSU and OSU.

Those two are the tough ones, aren't they! We have had such success with PSU, but it is so bloody far east, I've only made the trip that once.

Once in awhile I run into a fan that was at the OSU "Marv Cook game". That seems to have been about our only shot at seeing the Hawks win there in semi-recent history!

Best of luck in completing your list of victories!

Been to all the stadiums have a 15-10 record, but still need wins at NW and Penn St. Saw one of the great wins in Hawk history 29 years ago today, a 16-9 win in the "Black Helmet' game.

Been to Wisconsin (amazing win), NU (predictable win though that was years ago), IL (another predictable win). Been to IN but not for a football game. Would love to go to the Big House, the Shoe, State College and East Lansing. Couldn't care less about Purdue (nice rivalry game...pft) or Minny.

no response yet? which tOSU game have you seen us win at the Shoe?