Road Trippin 2010

hoggeye70

My wife and I are planning on making every road game this fall. After Arizona the rest of the games are gravy with Minnesota, Indiana, NW and of course the farthest is Michigan. Thats the only venue I've never seen the Hawks win at, so I'm hoping to end the jinx this year. The other day two tickets on Alliegant were just over 700.00. Not too bad considering the distance and non stop flight. Anyone else going for the whole road show?

I made the drive to all the games last year, (flew to the bowl game) so I might as well keep the streak going since the away games are a lot closer. (except AZ) I had a blast following the Hawks all season long and I can't wait to do it again!

So the season renewals have been put in but regarding all away games, when does the form come out for you to request tickets for away games? I go to a road game every year and never have got the tickets before the season actually starts through the university. I'm pretty sure I was told the university sends something out regarding the away games. Just curious if anyone has any idea what im talking about....

My wife and I are planning on making every road game this fall. After Arizona the rest of the games are gravy with Minnesota, Indiana, NW and of course the farthest is Michigan. Thats the only venue I've never seen the Hawks win at, so I'm hoping to end the jinx this year. The other day two tickets on Alliegant were just over 700.00. Not too bad considering the distance and non stop flight. Anyone else going for the whole road show?

You guys are my heroes....and your wife is a saint.:p

I hope to make Minny,NW is a definite...and that is about it.

Safe travels you intrepid Hawk fans....I do think you picked a great two years to do this.

So the season renewals have been put in but regarding all away games, when does the form come out for you to request tickets for away games? I go to a road game every year and never have got the tickets before the season actually starts through the university. I'm pretty sure I was told the university sends something out regarding the away games. Just curious if anyone has any idea what im talking about....

I was able to buy my Arizona tickets on Stub Hub(pretty cheap)1st row Iowa side around 5-10 yrd line for $40 a ticket that's with there commission.They say there might be some obstruction sitting that low but I'll just ask the players to sit down.haha

Coming back for ISU - first time for my son who is a senior at Colo St, then next week going down to AZ and then back for PSU with the msses common law.

Grandpa - what side is the Hawk side.........planning on buying scalper tickets when we get there.

I was able to buy my Arizona tickets on Stub Hub(pretty cheap)1st row Iowa side around 5-10 yrd line for $40 a ticket that's with there commission.They say there might be some obstruction sitting that low but I'll just ask the players to sit down.haha

Yeah, every away game you go to is a must to sit in the Hawk section...I know some are thinking well no **** haha. Only away game that wasn't in the Hawk section was a few years ago when we played Michigan. Fun but not as enjoyable getting rowdy by ourselves. (really good price)

What I did last year was called the Iowa ticket office to try and get some tickets but they were all sold out or returned. Ended up going on the MSU website and locating the away sections. They had tickets still available and got them that way.

Sounds like you got one hell of a deal regardless. I'd email Barta and ask him to talk with Captain Kirk to see if they would mind sitting down. I have a feeling Barta will email you back ASAP since he doesn't have that much going on this time of year.....haha

I just bought 2 tickets on Stubhub. Iowa sideline, close to the 35 yard line, row 2 for $75. Can't beat that! Thanks for the heads up!

never been to a road game ... what is the ratio of positive/neutral/negative interactions with opposing fans on their turf?

At every away game last year I had pretty positive interactions with all of the fans with a few isolated incidents. At PSU some students threw some full beer cans at a couple people in my tailgate, and a group of guys came up and stole my hat off my head. We were tailgating right next to a student tailgate of around 300 people and we were the only Hawk fans in sight so I expected things to get a little crazy. Most of the students were pretty cool and actually tailgated with us for most of the day though. At OSU the fans were very arrogant but other than that not too bad. All in all it was what I expected from every place I went. Most people talking friendly smack and then having you join the tailgate for drinks with them. Pretty much the same as in IC. You'll have the random drunks causing trouble but for the most part everyone is pretty good.

As a student at UI, I don't get to go to many away games. However, I am going to Ann Arbor this year, for free too. One of my assistant HS baseball coaches made a deal with me my junior year: If I skipped the Spanish Club trip to Spain (which was in the middle of the baseball season), then he would take me to the next Iowa-Michigan game in Ann Arbor. Well I stayed and played ball, and now it's time for him to pay up :).

I also plan on going to Madison in two years.

Went to Madison and Columbus last year. Been to Minn, ISU, NW, and Indiana in the past as well. Badger fans were the biggest jerks of anywhere I have ever been, it was my wife's first road game and she was pretty shocked. I've been there twice (Hawks won both times) they were complete jerks the entire tailgate and game until the 4th quarters. Then they all left and didn't want to say anything. OSU fans last year were pretty decent. Especially after the game, they had lots of respect for us after the game. The shoe is incredible.
Never been to Michigan but want to go this year. I like to get to one roady a year. Arizona trip would be cool, but way to far with wife and kids.

Not hittin all of them but I will be at Michigan with the boys and will come home to Iowa (currently on East coast) for a couple games. Hope to be going to another great bowl game so saving some up for that.

Latest posts