RJ Hunter down to 4

sportstalent

According to Rivals.com RJ Hunter is down to four finalists and Iowa is one of his final four choices. Loook for his profile to be updated soon.
Georgia St. is one of the other finalists; where his father coaches.

R.J. Hunter - Yahoo! Sports

6'5 and only 165 pounds? Wow. That kid must be really lengthy. Heck, I was too skinny when I was 170 pounds and only 6'3. Would he be more of a point or shooting guard?

Shooting guard, but has good ball handling.
Also, the other two schools are Wake Forest and Virginia Tech, it was posted in another thread...oops

Dang he looks like he would get blown away in the wind if he stepped outside. I wouldn't mind getting him but he will definitely need to put on some weight.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spAKZyek3fA]YouTube - Marquis Teague, RJ Hunter, & Zavier Turner vs. Chatard (1-26-11)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPDZkr2eCfY]YouTube - Marquis Teague & R.J. Hunter's big flush on Ben Davis[/ame]

Kid has an awkward shot...couldn't see it very good but it looked like his hands went sideways when he shot.

Shooting guard, but has good ball handling.
Also, the other two schools are Wake Forest and Virginia Tech, it was posted in another thread...oops

had a cincy offer too so some very good bball schools like him. Will be interesting to follow. Looks like some very good players on his team.

If you all had your drothers which would you rather use the last scholly on, this kid or Gibson?

If you all had your drothers which would you rather use the last scholly on, this kid or Gibson?

Hunter is a 2012 recruit, Gibson is 2011.

As for his shot, it looks like he looks over the top of the ball and starts his shot from his neck/chin area instead of his forehead.

Then it's possible to get both of them...... alltRNAt much better.

Last edited:
Looks like he has good athleticism, above average handles and long arms. Sounds like exactly what Coach Fran would like in a guard.

If he shoots like that in college, I see him getting a lot of shots blocked. His release is too low, which he can get away with being 6'5" in HS. Part of that could be changed by hitting the weights. But how much change can you expect at this stage? Is he so set in his ways he can't change, and yet keep his shooting ability?

I don't know ... I am just asking.

Looks like he has good athleticism, above average handles and long arms. Sounds like exactly what Coach Fran would like in a guard.

It was just a quick video, so I certailny could be off base here but I didn't see the athletisism at all. I saw decent handles and a very accurate /unorthadox shot.

From the video (and only the video) I would not have picked RJ out as a high major prospect. I trust that there is more that I didn't see to garner the attention.

Latest posts