Rittenburg called the Hawks quitters

That was the enjoyable part about last year. The team played with more heart than almost any other team we played... And it showed. We won the close games because the players had the desire and the drive to win. They never quit.

This year it looks like a completely different team... I see spurts of energy and I actually thought Clayborn worked his *** off quite often... but that is about it. Spurts of energy here and there... But no heart. No drive. No desire.

I have felt that the mood of the players seemed different from the Arizona game... It just didn't seem like they were playing as if losing wasn't an option (like they did last year.)

That had to be the most disappointing part about the whole year. It just didn't seem like the Hawks I've come to know and love.

The whole program needs a fire to be lit under their ***.

As a side note to people who have been roasting Clayborn... It has to be extremely hard and frustrating to go 90% of the game being double teamed and even triple teamed... while taking cheap shots and being held constantly. I can't say that I wouldn't take a break on a play here and there. It is hard for someone to do that play after play and still stay confident and strong that they can get to the quarterback. In my opinion... I thought the other defensive linemen should have been getting to the quarterback more often... Adrian was taking a ton of pressure off of them.

Either way... I'm sad to see him and the rest of the seniors go. It was a great group of players.

Come on people it was cold the field was terrible, we should have not played that game until our team was better rested!

Overheard in the Iowa lockerroom after the game. Coach: "Gentlemen, there is no 'I' in team." Player's retort: "Yeah, but there's one in 'QUIT'."

Latest posts