Rittenburg: Big 10 & Pac 10 reached out to A&M

I would love to steal Texas. It'd give us all something to chuckle about and end all arguments with Iowa State fans about which conference is supreme.

The clowns can start jockeying with the Missouri Valley or whatever new league is formed after Texas, A&M, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Colorado leave the Big XII, if anyone wants them...

Does anyone know how much money ISU brings in from the Big XII TV contracts? I know they don't do the same revenue sharing as the Big Ten and they also don't have nearly as good of TV deals. If the Big XII were to break up and lets say, Texas Tech, Baylor, ISU and K-State joined the Mountain West. Which then moved up to a BCS level conference, would that really be such a terrible thing for the Cyclones. They would be much more competitive in both basketball and football, and that actually wouldn't be a bad conference in either sport.

I doubt Washington athletic director Scott Woodward knows anything about what the Big Ten is doing.

From the article:
said the Pac-10 and the Big Ten have reached out to officials at Texas and Texas A&M. "I'd be surprised if our office is not in contact with them," he said. "I'm sure those conversations have happened and are taking place."​

Love the gossip, but let's get somebody that knows what they're talking about.

Amen BA96MA99. Reading the quote, Woodward has no real first hand information. He's making an assumption and speaking from his rectal cavity. Rittenburg should have left well enough alone.