RIP-Ron Santo

Well, I wish I could have found a video with some of the hilarious banter between Ronnie and Pat Hughes. But this example of his passion and pride for the organization will have to do:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC5aIiVsODY"]YouTube - Carlos Zamrbano No Hitter Pat and Ron Call it[/ame]

And if you have not seen "This Old Cub" yet, do yourself a favor and pick it up, ask for it from Santa. It is a nice tribute to Ron.

Very sad day indeed, but happy Ron is in a better place...the ol' ball diamond in the sky.

Very sad day for Cubs fans. One of the best 3rd Basemen there's ever been and should be in the HOF already.

Loved listening to Santo on the radio and he'll be missed greatly.

I love listening to Pat and Ron on the radio. This really put's a damper on the season. But hey remember when Harry died in 97 we took the wild card. Hopefully this will give the team a rallying cry.

Rest in Peace Ron Santo

Goodbye Ronny :(

ronsantodies.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------

I feel like kicking the crap out of the nearest HOF voter

Last edited:
Rest in peace, Ron...you will be missed by every Cubs fan who has ever watched you play or listened to you on the radio...you were poked fun at by the national media because you weren't more "unbiased" in your broadcasts, as if you were hired to be anything but a former Cubs player and their biggest fan...shame on them for not sharing your enthusiasm. No Cubs fan ever wanted you to be anything but "you".

Pat and Ron had a great chemistry that I'd venture to say is unmatched by any other radio team out there...and I don't care if "haven't heard them all"...I don't need to! I'm going to miss flipping on the radio and knowing exactly how the game is going, just by the tone of Ron's voice. And I'm going to miss listening to him interact with Pat...it won't be the same no matter who they hire to "take his seat", as Ron will never be "replaced"...God's speed, Ron Santo!

Special, heartfelt message to the Hall of Fame and D-bags, Joe Morgan and Mike Schmidt...f*ck you...

Rest in peace, Ron...you will be missed by every Cubs fan who has ever watched you play or listened to you on the radio...you were poked fun at by the national media because you weren't more "unbiased" in your broadcasts, as if you were hired to be anything but a former Cubs player and their biggest fan...shame on them for not sharing your enthusiasm. No Cubs fan ever wanted you to be anything but "you".

Pat and Ron had a great chemistry that I'd venture to say is unmatched by any other radio team out there...and I don't care if "haven't heard them all"...I don't need to! I'm going to miss flipping on the radio and knowing exactly how the game is going, just by the tone of Ron's voice. And I'm going to miss listening to him interact with Pat...it won't be the same no matter who they hire to "take his seat", as Ron will never be "replaced"...God's speed, Ron Santo!

Special, heartfelt message to the Hall of Fame and D-bags, Joe Morgan and Mike Schmidt...f*ck you...

I'll second that.

Man, I got the news when I woke up this morning...just in total shock. I know he had been struggling with his health recently, but wasn't aware it was this serious. I do recall him missing quite a few games and road trips the last half of last season. I loved that he was a complete cubs homer, that just seemed fitting! His famous saying on the radio after a negative cubs play..."GEE WIZZ!!" It's going to be weird getting used to not hearing him on the radio calling the games.

Well said, Shane. RIP, Ronnie. Summertime will never be the same for me without hearing you on the air.:(

Hours later I'm still floored by this news. I don't know Ron Santo, but I feel like I do. Baseball is more than just wins and losses, it's family, history, and the passage of time. My grandpa was a Cub fan and I miss him dearly. He didn't see a title, Ronnie didn't see one, none of us has. I do know this, he was the voice of the fan and I will dearly miss the Pat and Ron show....big time.

Latest posts