RIP Ernie "Mr. Cub" Banks

So long Mr. Cubs. Saw him play in a doubleheader in 1969 at Wrigley against the Braves. Banks and Aaron on the field at the same time along with other greats. Super day

His 1953 scouting report...

B8FxdiaCUAAt9iV.jpg

Spliff.....outstanding, sad day in Cubs history....you can't help but think of Ernie when talking about the Cubs....I was in Wrigley when I was 9, which would've been Ernie's last year....great player and an even greater person....

Spliff.....outstanding, sad day in Cubs history....you can't help but think of Ernie when talking about the Cubs....I was in Wrigley when I was 9, which would've been Ernie's last year....great player and an even greater person....

Sadly, they just don't make many like Mr. Cub anymore. What an amazing life, one that should be celebrated and told for many years to come. HOFer, MVP, Korean War Veteran, Played for the Globetrotters, First Black player in Cubs history, Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient, Optimist and truly amazing person. How many can say they have accomplished all this in their life? Just incredible. Your smile will be missed Ernie!

Latest posts