RIP Al Davis

Most likely having the conversation now with the devil about more of a "Just Win Baby" philosophy while he's there.

Just kidding...RIP Al.

Sad that he passed.

The Bigger picture probably isn't such a sad day for Raider Nation.

This. He held the franchise back considerably over the past 10 years. Sad for his family that he's passed, but from a football standpoint it likely helps the franchise in the long run.

sad for close friends and family of Al. Sucks for Raider Hater fans such as myself, they have been held back as a team for many years for many reasons. however, he has had a huge impact for the growth and sport of the NFL for many, many years. It will be interesting to see how the Raider franchise moves forward. RIP Al Davis.

As a Raider fan I am saddened. Yeah, He wasn't successful since 2002 (that bowl season sucked) but he was still a good guy who tried to win which is more then I can say for alot of owners. It will be interesting to see what happens now that he is gone with the Raiders which are now a team without a GM.

Who inherits the team?

probably you, because you're the greatest business mind that has ever lived and you're not afraid to bust out your aggro nature to rise above middle management and take charge and kick azz and make huge profits at everything you do

RIP. Now the coach can get back to coaching. They can probably even get rid of the "throw it deep" direct phone line now. Gone are the days, from now on at least, of having an all-star track team that can't catch. Hopefully. Go Raiders.

Al was a curmudgeon but her and Lamar Hunt were the driving forces of the AFL becoming successful. I feel sad for the family but he Raiders should be better off.

Latest posts