Riley Reiff, still no contract

Hawkeye27

The detroin lions are very high on Reiff according to multiple sources. In fact, NFl.com believes Reiff will take over the RT position early on this year and eventually work over to the left tackle position. Scott Linehan has been quoted saying "But Riley's on track to play a lot of football for us really early. He's an exceptional talent, and he's a great kid. He's going to really help us on our offensive line. Where he ends up this year really hasn't been determined yet. But we're just happy with what we've seen so far. We think he's going to be a heck of a player." So it definitely appears Riley is doing all the right things. I commend and shake my head at Riley for playing without a contract, I understand both points. I hope he stays healthy, at least there are no pads right now. But, I wonder why Reiff hasn't got his contract situation figured out?

Riley Reiff figures to play early, often for Lions - NFL.com

The detroin lions are very high on Reiff according to multiple sources. In fact, NFl.com believes Reiff will take over the RT position early on this year and eventually work over to the left tackle position. Scott Linehan has been quoted saying "But Riley's on track to play a lot of football for us really early. He's an exceptional talent, and he's a great kid. He's going to really help us on our offensive line. Where he ends up this year really hasn't been determined yet. But we're just happy with what we've seen so far. We think he's going to be a heck of a player." So it definitely appears Riley is doing all the right things. I commend and shake my head at Riley for playing without a contract, I understand both points. I hope he stays healthy, at least there are no pads right now. But, I wonder why Reiff hasn't got his contract situation figured out?

Riley Reiff figures to play early, often for Lions - NFL.com

Over half of the first round picks still haven't signed. I don't know how things are shaking out with the new NFL rookie contract rules but it's typical for many top picks to wait until the first pick signs his deal. Then the standard is set.

Contract status of '12 first-round draft picks - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

Latest posts