Riley Mulvey Signs with Iowa Basketball

I wish I could get excited about this, but I just can't.

Nobody was all that excited about Luka coming to Iowa either

I have a feeling that Riley will fit in Very Well

We shall see

Not expecting another Luka though

Couple of years down the road, we could have a nice basketball team

Tall and quick

Solid D and high-scoring, fun to watch

As always, dreams of a National Championship and Big Ten Title or
BTT Championship should be taken with a grain of salt

It is what it is

I am used to it, watched every Lick game, and loved The Layup

I wish I could get excited about this, but I just can't.
I’m optimistic for 2 reasons...Fran’s ability to evaluate talent and his overall success with developing big guys. But I’m not excited as it relates to being an impact player this year. I suppose my biggest concern is he may just be a fallback recruit like the Murray twins...sarcasm.

Side Note - How many times has Fran found a talent only to have the big boys swoop in at the last minute? It’s not happening this time.

I'm excited as he seems to be talented and can contribute in some way next year. I'm more excited about his future with Iowa.

If the kid can play some D, block a few shots, grab some boards and get out and run the floor he will be an asset starting next season. The success of this team is going to be built on a greyhound style pace attacking the basket before the other team knows what hit em. (Plus WAY BETTER D) But as far as feeding the post, that left with Luka.

Welcome to the HAWKS young man.

I am happy to have him as a Hawkeye. Value next year is two fold. He will get a year of BT coaching, weight training, and team fellowship. If he can provide some off the bench minutes, that will be a bonus. I tend to trust Fran’s recruiting.

He’s going to get knocked around but if he can run the floor and defend he will help us right away.

He may get knocked around a bit, the B1G is physical and he's a Freshman. But it won't be because of his size. He's listed at 6'11" 230.

One of the top recruits in the country is 7' Chet Holmgren. At 195 pounds he's gonna get knocked around a lot...skills or not. Playing at Gonzaga will help a bit, things are a little less physical in their league.

Impressive list of offers... Guess I will trust Fran's evaluation skills on this one until we see otherwise.

I’m optimistic for 2 reasons...Fran’s ability to evaluate talent and his overall success with developing big guys. But I’m not excited as it relates to being an impact player this year. I suppose my biggest concern is he may just be a fallback recruit like the Murray twins...sarcasm.

Side Note - How many times has Fran found a talent only to have the big boys swoop in at the last minute? It’s not happening this time.

To be clear I'm glad he's coming to Iowa for all the reasons you and others are saying. After learning of Fredrick transferring it's not raising my level of excitement for the upcoming season. Yes they desperately need a big man and, yes, Fran has been good at evaluating talent in this area, but the way the team stands right now Mulvey is going to see significant minutes as a true freshman.

Latest posts