Riley Moss Returning in '22

NIL gives players like him a legitimate option. What a huge impact this will have. Iowa's D should be no worse and only better next yr if anything. So long as guys like Campbell, Belton, Jacobs all come back too .

Thats great news for Iowa.

It does make you wonder what is motivating Moss to come back. I am guessing he talked with the NFL draft folks and they told him he would not be drafted? Even if that is true, has Moss graduated yet? If he has graduated, then does he just enjoy playing college football that much? Does he have a girlfriend that is still going to school.

Its cool whatever the reason, I am just curious, thats all.

NIL gives players like him a legitimate option. What a huge impact this will have. Iowa's D should be no worse and only better next yr if anything. So long as guys like Campbell, Belton, Jacobs all come back too .
Yes, he can make some money.

I think he has to prove his PCL injury will hold up. He is fast, a really good tackler, interceptor/ball hawk, but is he a super cover guy. Although it could be said there are not a lot of super cover guys in the NFL because they are getting called for holding or PI all the frigging time.

Yes, he can make some money.

I think he has to prove his PCL injury will hold up. He is fast, a really good tackler, interceptor/ball hawk, but is he a super cover guy. Although it could be said there are not a lot of super cover guys in the NFL because they are getting called for holding or PI all the frigging time.
I suspect he's not 100% and wouldn't be through the draft process. He'd like to put his best foot forward for that I'm sure so playing another year should hopefully allow him to do that too. It makes sense all the way around. The argument can always be made to not risk further injury and go as well there's no wrong answer to it. But it makes sense for him to come back and this is awesome

I suspect he's not 100% and wouldn't be through the draft process. He'd like to put his best foot forward for that I'm sure so playing another year should hopefully allow him to do that too. It makes sense all the way around. The argument can always be made to not risk further injury and go as well there's no wrong answer to it. But it makes sense for him to come back and this is awesome
My left PCL has been loose/stretched for years and it gives me pain off and on as I hyperextend it a lot. Moss doesnt even have a PCL from what I have heard so he is trusting that brace. Wow that is crazy when you are backpedaling at full speed then planting and stopping and changing directions.

Moss has the speed but as you say a really good year of video would be great for him.

My left PCL has been loose/stretched for years and it gives me pain off and on as I hyperextend it a lot. Moss doesnt even have a PCL from what I have heard so he is trusting that brace. Wow that is crazy when you are backpedaling at full speed then planting and stopping and changing directions.

Moss has the speed but as you say a really good year of video would be great for him.
Those athletes have the advantage of incredibly strong leg muscles adding stability to their knee joints. That's how Spencer Lee won a national championship with two completely torn ACLs. His athleticism and freakishly strong lower body strength made up for the instability.

I was good with Harris/Roberts at the corners, but not going to cry about Moss coming back.

Ok great news. Our already seasoned, stacked D just got stronger. Then adding X and Aaron Graves ,just to name a few, is going to make the D really salty. What we really need is that stud lineman who has us in his top 5. And a QB. Just imagine landing Oklahoma QB Caleb Williams?!. Talk about a dream season next year!!!

That's a lot of experience coming back. We were already losing Koerner and Hankins. Losing Moss would have been another hole to fill on the back end.

Jacobs to me seemed to have a disappointing year. He didn't seem the same after David Bell burned him a couple times in coverage. I'd almost like to see him bulk up fifteen pounds and be a DE.

That's a lot of experience coming back. We were already losing Koerner and Hankins. Losing Moss would have been another hole to fill on the back end.

Jacobs to me seemed to have a disappointing year. He didn't seem the same after David Bell burned him a couple times in coverage. I'd almost like to see him bulk up fifteen pounds and be a DE.
The fact that we are really loaded up on D for 2022 really puts pressure on the O to perform at a much better level. Good, damn it!

He was a big recruiting win, but always a bit of a development project given he weighed like 185 pounds or something in high school. He was better in year 3 than 2, and I suspect the same will be true next year. He should be in line for a full-time starting role in 2023.

Latest posts