Ricky Stanzi is a Davey O'Brien QB SEMI-FINALIST! (Top 15)

Re: Ricky Stanzi is a O'Brien QB SEMI-FINALIST! (Top 15)

2009 O’Brien Semifinalists
Matt Barkley FR USC Pac-10
Daryll Clark SR Penn State Big Ten
Jimmy Clausen JR Notre Dame Independent
Jacory Harris SO Miami ACC
Case Keenum JR Houston Conference USA
Dan LeFevour SR Central Michigan Mid-American
Jake Locker JR Washington Pac-10
Colt McCoy SR Texas Big 12
Kellen Moore SO Boise State WAC
Tony Pike SR Cincinnati Big East
Todd Reesing SR Kansas Big 12
Zac Robinson SR Oklahoma State Big 12
Ricky Stanzi JR Iowa Big Ten
Bill Stull SR Pittsburgh Big East
Tim Tebow SR Florida SEC

Holy Crap!!!!!

And he's 67th in Passing Efficiency........but they see what we do - he's a gamer and a winner!!!!!

Keep it up Ricky.....and step it up these next 4 weeks - HN has got your back!

What? this is the list? Where is Terrelle Pryor? didn't they see the headlines yesterday? He is back! Back to medicrity after totally sucking for the past few weeks...

BREAKDOWN BY CONFERENCE:

Big 12 (3)
Big Ten (2)
Pac-10 (2)
Big East (2)
ACC (1)
ConfUSA (1)
MAC (1)
WAC (1)
SEC (1)

Fear the SEC, everyone!

Good to see that this organization is recognizing the value of a winner at the helm. Ricky is leading his team to 12 straight victories has to have be worth a nod.

Stats are for losers....Ricky is a winner and should be a finalist if he leads Iowa to a Big Ten title.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the preseason talk in the Big at QB all about Pryor and Juice? Along with Clark? Anyone have a link to preseason Big Ten projections?

It looks like put a lot of emphasis on winning for Stanzi to be on here over Ponder, Mallet, and Hall. Cool honor nonetheless. Congrats Ricky.

I'm hoping his drive will spring board him. It seems to happen a lot with quarterbacks. Above average QB's have that moment that defines them, then they shine.

Out of those 15 probably only 5 will be back next year, Moore,Keenum,Stanzi,Barkley and Harris....the rest are seniors or will go pro.
If Ricky can finish strong, he will be on some lists going into next year...good for him.

I'm hoping his drive will spring board him. It seems to happen a lot with quarterbacks. Above average QB's have that moment that defines them, then they shine.

I concur with this comment completely.......and here are some recent examples.

Chad Henne - 2004 Triple OT win @ the Bighouse over sparty

Jimmy Clausen - 2008 Hawai'i Bowl

Drew Tate - 2004 game at Michigan where he had his helmet ripped off

Latest posts