Rick Stanzi : 16-3 as an Iowa Starting QB

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
I will have to go back and look this up...but I think Rick is moving up the list of all timers with wins as a QB...Long has the record, can't recall what it is and I don't think Rick can catch him...but Stanzi is etching out his own place in Iowa history as a winner

I will have to go back and look this up...but I think Rick is moving up the list of all timers with wins as a QB...Long has the record, can't recall what it is and I don't think Rick can catch him...but Stanzi is etching out his own place in Iowa history as a winner

Wow, we will probably never see another QB catch Long in our lifetime. His career: 35-13-1.

Stanzi was so calm and focused during "the drive." He played under such control when the pressure was on. He must have the ability to block out negatives.

Stanzi was so calm and focused during "the drive." He played under such control when the pressure was on. He must have the ability to block out negatives.
And that is possibily the best trait to have as a QB (and a closer).

I posted on this earlier last week Jon........Chuck Long is the winningest IOWA QB @ 34-11-1.

But yes....Rick is something else!!!!! :)

I posted on this earlier last week Jon........Chuck Long is the winningest IOWA QB @ 34-11-1.

But yes....Rick is something else!!!!! :)

Ricky would have to win all 5 games remaining this year, and then 13 straight next year to tie Chuck win 34 wins...at 34-3! Be fine by me.

Does one of Rick's losses include the Pittsburgh game? Tough loss to include
considering Jake played the second half of that game.

From here on out I dont want to hear anything about "Pick-Sixes". Stanzi has proven himeself to be talented, capable and more than able to be the " go to" guy when the job needs to get done. Any reference to prior inconsistencies is merely space filler.

Latest posts