Rick 6 cost us this game....among other things

The Duzey fumble was killer as well but I do think if CJ plays Iowa wins. Iowa never tried to air it out against a bad pass defense and that's because Rudock doesn't look deep and checks down to safe passes.

I think the game plan was to throw short and take advantage of their LBs, but once Maryland took that away, GD never changed thing to throw the ball deep. Hard to tell on TV, but didn't see really and deep patterns being run.

It wasn't (just) GD, guys. There were open downfield receivers missed plus lots of one on one opportunities, but we just don't even try. It's a freaking joke.

It wasn't (just) GD, guys. There were open downfield receivers missed plus lots of one on one opportunities, but we just don't even try. It's a freaking joke.

I disagree. I believe this is what is practiced all week. We have seen what Jake can do when we are in catch up mode and Jake is in passing mode. He can mode the offense through the air and get the ball to the WRs. I really believe it get coached into him to let the WRs clear out for the short routes.

I disagree. I believe this is what is practiced all week. We have seen what Jake can do when we are in catch up mode and Jake is in passing mode. He can mode the offense through the air and get the ball to the WRs. I really believe it get coached into him to let the WRs clear out for the short routes.

Absolutely agree, it's scheme and incapable playmaking from under center

I agree that he's probably been coached up to take the suboptimal short pass, but there were lots and lots of one-on-one receivers, plus some open WRs down the field at times. He just wouldn't give them a chance to make a play.

I had to work this afternoon and didn't catch the 2nd half.
Saw the highlights (or lowlights) though. Man, that pick six was really bad looking. Rudock could not have made that easier for a pick six.

The pick six was painful. It wasn't like he just made an off throw or tried to force the ball in a tight space. He literally threw it right to the defender. It was a horrible decision. I don't understand why CJ didn't even get a chance when Rudock couldn't move the ball at all after the second drive.

Latest posts