Richard Kittrell and other internet (and pre internet) legends

Perhaps. I have had the good fortune to have met Willie (he did some youth baseball umpiring). He always came off as a genuine class act. CR Jefferson is very lucky to get him.

Don't get me wrong....from everyone I know that has been around him, he's a class guy. My remark wasn't meant to disparage him. It was more to disparage the fans who make these guys out to be "legends" before they set foot on a college football field.

Don't get me wrong....from everyone I know that has been around him, he's a class guy. My remark wasn't meant to disparage him. It was more to disparage the fans who make these guys out to be "legends" before they set foot on a college football field.

Nah, didn't take it that way at all... just wanted to put my $0.0000000002 worth in about Willie. I think he would readily agree things did not turn out the way he anticipated either.

Willie is a very good guy. Became (temporary) friends with him through a mutual acquaintance. He really is a good guy. I think he even got a kick out of the legend and myth that existed around his time at the University of Iowa. I always think it is kind of cool when former players (from other states) decide t set up shop in Iowa. I think that says good things about the state as a whole ...

Latest posts