Rest starters in a blowout; the Knight method

I wish they would bring that rule back and make it NCAA-wide.

You wouldn't see coaches pulling players after two quickies. And the players could actually play their normal game after picking up an early foul..
I wouldn't. That would be ideal for keeping players on the floor but the reality is:

--Izzo, Huggins, etc hammerfests would become more intense.

--officials don't want to call fouls now

I wish they would bring that rule back and make it NCAA-wide.

You wouldn't see coaches pulling players after two quickies. And the players could actually play their normal game after picking up an early foul.

I remember Purdue once playing Louisville on a Sunday afternoon, then playing Iowa the following evening on Big Monday. Boilers were up eight or ten to Iowa midway through the second half, but the quick turnaround finally caught up to them. It may also have cost them the outright conference title which they ended up sharing with their buddies at Indiana.

A lot of those Sunday games were made for TV with big money and schedule be damned. Like Iowa playing at NCarolina or Duke on what would be an off day or a Sunday and raking in some real good TV dough. But the players would be dog tired

A lot of those Sunday games were made for TV with big money and schedule be damned. Like Iowa playing at NCarolina or Duke on what would be an off day or a Sunday and raking in some real good TV dough. But the players would be dog tired
Iowa had to move a home game to accommodate the famous 1989 North Carolina game on the schedule. The regular schedule called for three road games after North Carolina, which was a road game replacing a home game, and this was all after they opened conference play at Michigan State or somewhere like that. So they played five road games in a row, and back then January was a prime time to bring in football recruits for visits and take them to home basketball games.

I think they also had to move a home game to make room for Duke in 1993, then the Street accident put the schedule on hold for a week and two more home games had to be rescheduled. They went something like 3 and a half weeks without a home game in that stretch as well.

Latest posts