Reporter to Coker after game

iowacrawl

Just after the clock expired in the fourth quarter last night, the ESPN telecast showed a TV reporter run up to Coker for an on-the-field interview. Coker still had his helmet on and showed no inclination of taking it off. As the cameraman for the reporter was getting set up, you can see the reporter tell Coker that it is okay for him to take off his helmet now. I think Marcus was ready to go for another 200 yards! Love it!

That looked like Joe Schad from ESPN....had an ESPN Radio mic so I guess he was working the sideline for their broadcast.

he was probably trying to keep them away from talking to him. still a true freshman that ferentz doesn't allow to talk to the media.

I liked what KF said about Marcus after the game too, something like "great player on the field, even a better person off the field". That is the kind of kid you can build around.

Love the burst he showed on the long TD run after he ran over a defender about 3 yards past the LOS.

Hello Marcus Coker! Thanks for erasing the memories of those other guys with that record setting performance!

I agree.. but Kirk says that about everyone... "great ball player.. but even a better human being"... how many times have you heard that line from Kirk... I'd say at least 100 times.

I agree.. but Kirk says that about everyone... "great ball player.. but even a better human being"... how many times have you heard that line from Kirk... I'd say at least 100 times.

You don't hear it about the DJK's and the Arobs, but about the kids that probably are better people than players. Don't think of KF as throwing that one around like he doesn't mean it.

Also, love the quote about the hole and how everyone did a great job blocking for him.

I am willing to bet that Kirk said those exact words about Arob at some point, maybe not DJK.. sure I think he means it.. but he says it just about every interview.. no joke..

I am willing to bet that Kirk said those exact words about Arob at some point, maybe not DJK.. sure I think he means it.. but he says it just about every interview.. no joke..

And so did everyone else that came into contact with Arob. that is what made his fall from grace so surprising. DJK? Not so much, that was more of a when than if.

I liked what KF said about Marcus after the game too, something like "great player on the field, even a better person off the field". That is the kind of kid you can build around.

Love the burst he showed on the long TD run after he ran over a defender about 3 yards past the LOS.

Those were 2 different runs.

And so did everyone else that came into contact with Arob. that is what made his fall from grace so surprising. DJK? Not so much, that was more of a when than if.

I know for a fact that he has said things like that about ARob on his weekly talk show with Dolph. He says that about a lot of players....

You don't hear it about the DJK's and the Arobs, but about the kids that probably are better people than players. Don't think of KF as throwing that one around like he doesn't mean it.

hawkfarmer you're not paying attention. Kirk Ferentz presser December 14,2010 :

“We have a lot of good guys on the team. Adam Robinson is a good guy,â€￾ Ferentz said. “He just has not been taking care of business the way I expect him to. It’s a simple equation. He got to the point. He was approaching that point a couple weeks ago, as evidenced in the Ohio State game, him not participating at the front end [due to academics]. In my estimation, he wasn’t learning fast enough from that point on.

Coker did talk with the media. He was in the multi-player presser after the game. The players on the stage included.

Hyde, Coker, Clayborn and Stanzi. It's on Youtube.

He has a very interesting way of carrying himself. Very serious and distant.

What I don't understand is why such critical words for a coach who chooses to encourage and edify some of his players??? I mean are you that much of a perfectionists that you have to point out every little fault of KF? Surely, you must be the second coming.
How about celebrating a great Hawk Victory and obviously having Norm coach our defense helped seal the deal.... and great play on both sides of the ball!
WTG Hawks.... See you all in 2011

I've heard him say that someone is a "tremendous human being" before. Last night's comments seemed pointed. Maybe I just chose to take them that way.

Latest posts