Reminder of new rules

als96

This is just a reminder of the new rules in place for collegiate wrestling this season.
Committee approves rule changes

1) Stalling
Stalling has been more clearly defined. (It's a long list. You can read them all at the link above.) A wrestler cannot be disqualified for stalling anymore.

2) Injury Timeouts (non-bleeding)
At the first injury timeout, the opponent will get to choose top, bottom or neutral at the restart.
At the second injury timeout, the opponent gets a point.
The third injury timeout results in a default with the win going to the opponent.

3) Video review
For individual-advancement tournaments only, a coach may request a video review for recording points, timing, match results or procedural errors only. The referee decides whether to grant the review. Only the official mat-side video may be used.

At the first injury timeout, the opponent will get to choose top, bottom or neutral at the restart.
The third injury timeout results in a default with the win going to the opponent.

Wow - this is a huge change. I wasn't aware of this. This would likely be a good change for Iowa's style.

Wow - this is a huge change. I wasn't aware of this. This would likely be a good change for Iowa's style.

Agreed. That's been used against us many times and occasionally it has helped the opponent.

While I dont like the change in stalling DQ's, I love the change in the injury time outs. Teams like Okie State will finally have to figure out a way to wrestle seven minutes against us without taking breaks every 30 or so seconds in the 2nd and 3rd periods.