Remember this???

If he were to leave, he had a small list of buffoon athletic directors that he knew he could bamboozle.

Remember when they said it was so much fun to play for Fran because he was so offensive-minded? Remember 45 points vs. Wisky? At least Fran is still offensive.

Yep. I once sent Gutless Gary a scam email. Ethiopian Princess style. He sent the check. I didn't cash it, of course. I should have. Everyone else is.

investment-gold-bullion-online-the-safe-and-legit-way-image-1.jpg

He said you not find a better prepared team put out on the floor. I guess that one is not working out so well right now.

Coach, after being able to watch the team as a fan rather a coach recently, do you also now agree with King Kong's comments that wondered, "why the hell can't we find athletic players like the teams who beat the shit out of us?"

Comments.........or do you prefer to keep staring at me?

Fran was not a bad hire. He was good for Iowa basketball, I believe. However, his teams' performances seem to have plateaued, i.e., not getting to the next level. I recall that same discussion about Iowa basketball before. You're not getting rid of him after a season that has them in the NCAA tournament, nor for the next 2 years, minimum, barring a real scandal. But, still, we'd like to see the next level (to be clear, the next level up).

Fran was not a bad hire. He was good for Iowa basketball, I believe. However, his teams' performances seem to have plateaued, i.e., not getting to the next level. I recall that same discussion about Iowa basketball before. You're not getting rid of him after a season that has them in the NCAA tournament, nor for the next 2 years, minimum, barring a real scandal. But, still, we'd like to see the next level (to be clear, the next level up).

After Lickliter any coach likely would have been an upgrade.

Don’t be talking “next level” around here. You may be label a non-Iowa fan.

Don’t forget there were a few that thought we needed to give Lickliter two more years. If we lose out from here on out (meaning we don’t win another game this season and post season,) I can’t imagine anyone who is not brain dead wanting to keep Fran, excluding his wife and children; BUYOUT BE DAMNED!!!

After Lickliter any coach likely would have been an upgrade.

Don’t be talking “next level” around here. You may be label a non-Iowa fan.

Don’t forget there were a few that thought we needed to give Lickliter two more years. If we lose out from here on out (meaning we don’t win another game this season and post season,) I can’t imagine anyone who is not brain dead wanting to keep Fran, excluding his wife and children; BUYOUT BE DAMNED!!!
Not picking a fight here. Serious question. What was your best case (realistic) result for this season in October?

Not picking a fight here. Serious question. What was your best case (realistic) result for this season in October?

Realistically not as good as we have already finished. That’s not the point though. Asking a question like that usually occurs after you hired a new coach and people have unrealistic expectations from the new coach. In this case we are talking about a coach that has been here for ten years. What’s he done in either the the Big Ten Tournaments or NCAA tournaments since he has been here. He hasn’t even sniffed a conference title.

How many decades do we give him before everyone wises up and realizes it was a bad hire? The point guard issue is killing his ass. He can’t recruit one. Putting set shooting off guards at the point isn’t going to cut it. Not now, not ever. That is nothing against Bo as he would do very well at the two spot if we had a true Big Ten level point guard to help him out. Bo would get so many open shots once a true point penetrates and breaks down a defense. Also, the breakdown on defense begins with the point guard. It is killing us.

Dolphin was absolutely right to be extremely critical of Fran’s inability to recruit a big ten quality point guard. It’s mind numbing and frustrating. “They have three and we can’t find one?”

Realistically not as good as we have already finished. That’s not the point though. Asking a question like that usually occurs after you hired a new coach and people have unrealistic expectations from the new coach. In this case we are talking about a coach that has been here for ten years. What’s he done in either the the Big Ten Tournaments or NCAA tournaments since he has been here. He hasn’t even sniffed a conference title.

How many decades do we give him before everyone wises up and realizes it was a bad hire? The point guard issue is killing his ass. He can’t recruit one. Putting set shooting off guards at the point isn’t going to cut it. Not now, not ever. That is nothing against Bo as he would do very well at the two spot if we had a true Big Ten level point guard to help him out. Bo would get so many open shots once a true point penetrates and breaks down a defense. Also, the breakdown on defense begins with the point guard. It is killing us.

Dolphin was absolutely right to be extremely critical of Fran’s inability to recruit a big ten quality point guard. It’s mind numbing and frustrating. “They have three and we can’t find one?”
I get the big picture disappointment. Just try to enjoy what’s left of the season, Baer, etc. Start making threes and we could even win a couple more games. And let’s hope Joe T. is that much needed PG.

I get the big picture disappointment. Just try to enjoy what’s left of the season, Baer, etc. Start making threes and we could even win a couple more games. And let’s hope Joe T. is that much needed PG.

I would love that. I have always said for years and years that I would love for all of Iowa’s coaches and players to do very well. That’s selfish I guess in a way because that means I really get to enjoy watching the games and when I am out and about wearing my Hawkeye logo in public I get to enjoy bragging publicly my association with the team and home state I grew up in and love.

This team is not winning another game this season.

The real reason for Dolph’s first suspension was because he was right about the recruiting failures and the truth hurt Franny’s feelings.

What the hell happens next year with Joe T? Does JBo get benched his senior year? Does Fran stop playing his kid ? Does Moss get benched if JBo gets moved to the 2 so Joe T can play point? If we start Joe T and JBo we will have 2 guys under 6 foot out there . Our defense will get scorched and we still will suck

This year isn't over but I think Nunge may make people forget about TC. Pemsl, with his muscle and grit will be helpful at the 4/5. Joe T, and P Mac plus what Frederick can offer, who knows...............