Remember The Excitement When We Were Moving Forward Like This:

Iowa St ain't moving forward, they're treading water.

(3-5) 7-6
(3-5) 5-7
(3-6) 6-7
(3-6) 6-6

At least Rhoads is consistent in B12 play.

(3-5) 7-6
(3-5) 5-7
(3-6) 6-7
(3-6) 6-6

This is it. It's all about expectations. Clones are ok with going to crappy bowls as their ceiling. Hawks don't even want the crappy bowls as the floor. If Rhoads has no aspirations of coaching at a bigger better program as the top dog then he should stay right where he is. Cause all he'd have to do is look at Chizik for exhibit A on how quick you can go from being the next best thing to graveling for an assistant job.

(3-5) 7-6
(3-5) 5-7
(3-6) 6-7
(3-6) 6-6

Name an Iowa State coach that has done that in their first 4 years. Iowa State is never going to be a world beater, but 8-4, 9-3 seasons every couple of years isn't out of the question. And maybe the odd year of a run similar to K-State.

Name an Iowa State coach that has done that in their first 4 years. Iowa State is never going to be a world beater, but 8-4, 9-3 seasons every couple of years isn't out of the question. And maybe the odd year of a run similar to K-State.

From a sample size of four years, yes, yes they are. Rhoads has failed to win more than 3 B12 games in any season so far. There's absolutely no way to look at the results and think ISU is destined for 8 or more wins.

Give it a @@@@@@@@ rest. The repetitive negative thread starting garbage is old. Iowa had a bad year. Nobody is happy about it.

From a sample size of four years, yes, yes they are. Rhoads has failed to win more than 3 B12 games in any season so far. There's absolutely no way to look at the results and think ISU is destined for 8 or more wins.

Again, what other coach has came in to ISU and done this in their first four years? If you look at game by game result, had ISU gotten the job done against a few different opponents, they could have had 8 or 9 wins this year. But alas the ball didnt bounce that way. But i wouldnt expect you to know that, you just look at the win-loss record, which does in the end matter. But ISU was close to achieving the next level this year, but failed, which is where my disappointment comes.

What are you basing that on? They have won 8 games in a season once in the past 30 years.

Well if you had watched some big 12 games this year, you would have realized that they had the opportunity to capitalize but failed. So thats where I'm basing this on.... (K-State, OU, and WV are all examples where missed opportunities were plenty)

Give it a @@@@@@@@ rest. The repetitive negative thread starting garbage is old. Iowa had a bad year. Nobody is happy about it.

I thought it was a fair compare/contrast topic which has been engaged by those who are capable of doing so. If it's too much for your cranium, try an aspirin...325 mg.

Again, what other coach has came in to ISU and done this in their first four years? If you look at game by game result, had ISU gotten the job done against a few different opponents, they could have had 8 or 9 wins this year. But alas the ball didnt bounce that way. But i wouldnt expect you to know that, you just look at the win-loss record, which does in the end matter. But ISU was close to achieving the next level this year, but failed, which is where my disappointment comes.

LOLerz you can say this about Iowa and every other single team that didn't win 8-9 games this year. If they had just won a couple more games, they would have had more wins. LOL clone logic.

Well if you had watched some big 12 games this year, you would have realized that they had the opportunity to capitalize but failed. So thats where I'm basing this on.... (K-State, OU, and WV are all examples where missed opportunities were plenty)

So if they played better, they would have won more games? Yeah, I got that. But they suck, just like they always have, and to expect them to suddenly blow up into an 8 or 9 win program with the occasional 10 win season when they average 6 wins a year still makes no sense.

So if they played better, they would have won more games? Yeah, I got that. But they suck, just like they always have, and to expect them to suddenly blow up into an 8 or 9 win program with the occasional 10 win season when they average 6 wins a year still makes no sense.

I said 8-9 wins every couple of years, and maybe a odd 10 win season... Not a 8 to 9 win program and occasional 10 win season. They will continue to be mediocre whether its a 6 or 7 win season and maybe an off year or 4 or 5 wins...

Keep up ghost.

I said 8-9 wins every couple of years, and maybe a odd 10 win season... Not a 8 to 9 win program and occasional 10 win season. They will continue to be mediocre whether its a 6 or 7 win season and maybe an off year or 4 or 5 wins...

Keep up ghost.

Just to be clear, I was mocking your assertion that you would win 8 or 9 occasionally.

Just to be clear, I was mocking your assertion that you would win 8 or 9 occasionally.

Thats fine if you don't want to think ISU could do that. But my opinion is that if they can actually seize the opportunities, its certainly not out of the question.

But differences in opinions are what make message boards great.

Thats fine if you don't want to think ISU could do that. But my opinion is that if they can actually seize the opportunities, its certainly not out of the question.

And it's fine that you think ISU can do that. The only really difference here is that my thoughts on the matter are almost certainly correct.

What other ISU coach has ever won 8 or more games after winning no more or less than 3 conference games in his first four years?

LOL. What? And Iowa was 4 plays away from going 8-4. Heck change a couple more and they're 10-2 and playing the B1G Championship game. Every team can say that if you change a couple plays that things are different. Well, it happened for a reason. It's not fate or luck, it is what it is. They are exactly what their record says they are. And no, there's no evidence to say that ISU will be a occasional 8-9 win team with a surprising 10 wins season here and there. Sure, Rhoades has done a decent job his first 4 years, but they haven't improved much there's nothing to say that they will.

Latest posts