Reiff's value

I feel very confident we have seen Reiff in an Iowa uniform for the last time. Normally I don't share "a friend of a friend' stories ... In this case I feel okay doing so because one of my best friends (from South Dakota) is indeed friends with the Reiff family and according to my friend ... Reiff made up his mind awhile back that this would be his final season (barring injury or some unforeseen incident) ... I wish him well ...

Last edited:
He will probably be viewed much like Bulaga was as in he is ready to go day one if you draft him but don't expect a huge jump in ability. Fundamentals are great but he is already polished. He isn't a raw talent.

He will probably be viewed much like Bulaga was as in he is ready to go day one if you draft him but don't expect a huge jump in ability. Fundamentals are great but he is already polished. He isn't a raw talent.

I would like to hear Gamefilm's take on Reiff's potential.
My impression is that Reiff is still raw. He needs additional muscle,and footwork enhancement. I think he is still a bit raw.

Russ Landy the NFL scout on ''The Next Level'' insisted that he needs to come back to enhance strength and footwork to be a true left tackle high pick. The other guy on that panel,former Michigan All American/All Pro left o-tackle John Janssen said that he would like to see Reiff come back like Jake Long did for Michigan,and become a candidate to be the 1st pick like Long.

My main question for Reiff is whether he is ready to step in at left tackle,unlike Gallery and Bulaga? Those two guys turned out to not be ready or good enough to play left tackle,where the huge money is in the NFL. If Reiff gambles,and stays another year to hone his left tackle skills,and steps right in and starts at left tackle,he will more than make up one years lost salary. Left tackles make tens of millions more than right tackles over a career. I think he will come out,but will he stick at left tackle?

This is interesting because Bulaga wasn't ready on day 1. GB tried him at a couple different spots and he couldn't beat out the guys already there.

He was forced into action because of injuries and got handled easily. He gave up the 4th most sacks in the NFL in 2010 even though he only started 11 games.

However he improved in the last couple weeks on the regular season (against Giants & Bears) and made a drastic leap in the playoffs in which he played very well.

Basically the exact opposite of what you said actually happened. He wasn't ready to go right away but made a huge jump late in the season.

Now he is GB's second best offensive lineman behind Josh Sitton who is pro bowl level.

As I've noted a couple times around here, Reiff has already turned 23 years old. If he stays for his senior year at Iowa, he will turn 25 in December of his rookie year in the NFL. He's older than Bryan Bulaga. Simply because of his age, I would be stunned if he returned to Iowa City.

This is interesting because Bulaga wasn't ready on day 1. GB tried him at a couple different spots and he couldn't beat out the guys already there.

He was forced into action because of injuries and got handled easily. He gave up the 4th most sacks in the NFL in 2010 even though he only started 11 games.

However he improved in the last couple weeks on the regular season (against Giants & Bears) and made a drastic leap in the playoffs in which he played very well.

Basically the exact opposite of what you said actually happened. He wasn't ready to go right away but made a huge jump late in the season.

Now he is GB's second best offensive lineman behind Josh Sitton who is pro bowl level.

You do realize that in the NFL being a very good starter by the end of the FIRST year is essentially the best you can hope for, don't you. You are saying he wasn't polished because it took him until the end of his rookie year to get situated, I don't understand that.

You do realize that in the NFL being a very good starter by the end of the FIRST year is essentially the best you can hope for, don't you. You are saying he wasn't polished because it took him until the end of his rookie year to get situated, I don't understand that.

Well you said he was ready to go on day 1. Facts disagree. He wasn't even ready in month 1, 2, 3, or 4. Not even close frankly. He couldn't beat out Darren College at LG after he attempted to beat out Chad Clifton at LT and couldn't. College was let go by GB in the offseason. Bulaga was ready in month 5 and excelled in month 6.

You also said not to expect a huge jump in ability. He showed one at the end of the season most in GB expect Bulaga to make another huge jump to one of the best RTs in the league over in the next few years.

Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy view him as one of the young cornerstones of the GB team. They've both said so on record.

Latest posts