Reid Sealby

apparently, Chizik has the inside on beating out iowa at recruiting the big guys. Farely (?) from Demathis last year down to the wire too. no worries, get the guys who WANT to be here.
could it be you are thinking of that Cy Koujano (sp) who was from Dematha and went to Alabama?

quite possibly, just remember losing an undecided late on the game to SEC. went to like the opposite school his brother was at too. thanks for heads up.

Have a feeling he is the fallback for Kozan, looks like could be good one though, OT, DE and Long snapper

Rob Howe @HawkeyeInsider Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Byron HS Coach Mike Elsbury, an #Iowa native, Says #Hawkeyes Coaches have hinted that Reid Sealby will get first look at D-Line.

Hopefully not the case.

Whether Kozan sticks w/ Iowa or not, you'd be foolish to be upset over this class.

Given no D-Coordinator named, down year on field, etc. - the staff has done a phenomenal job w/ this class.

Whether Kozan sticks w/ Iowa or not, you'd be foolish to be upset over this class.

Given no D-Coordinator named, down year on field, etc. - the staff has done a phenomenal job w/ this class.

yup. Kinda sucks that the day may end on a negative note but this is a solid class.

..Or Thomas and Curry falling through opened this spot up.

Very likely they knew last night Thomas and Curry weren't coming.

if he turns out to be a long snapper, or ends up on the line either OL, i never worry has this staff has a way with OL.
and with a new DL coach i am going to take a wait and see approach, the lack of stars mean nothing in this case'
Casey Kreifer the current LS is 6'3 250 and will be a jr, so this kid can come in RS and be the 2nd string LS for a year and end up a 3 year starter

http://iowa.scout.com/2/1154744.html

It's good to have friends in high places. At least that's the case for Reid Sealby.

The Class of 2012 lineman, who hails from Byron (Ill.) High, received a scholarship offer from Iowa on Tuesday night and signed a national letter of intent with the school Wednesday morning.

"I think it's beneficial that Sean Considine, who played for Iowa, is also from Byron," Byron Coach Mike Elsbury said. "I know their family had spoken with Sean about Iowa and Sean talked to the Iowa coaches."

The 6-foot-5, 250-pound Sealby likely will get his first look on the defensive line, Elsbury said.

"They were hinting defense, but I'm not sure they've made up their mind yet, either," Elsbury said.

Sealby visited Air Force last weekend. The Falcons had offered a scholarship.

"He was kind of torn between football and wrestling," said Elsbury, a Starmont, Iowa native. "He's a pretty outstanding wrestler."

Sealby placed fourth at state last season and is ranked No. 1 this year. He beat fellow Hawkeye Commitment, Mitch Keppy, 3-1, in a recent match.

"He'll fit the Iowa mold real well," Elsbury said. "I'm an Iowa boy and our family are Hawkeye fans. He'll fit that mold as far as blue collar, bring-your-lunch-pail-to-work type kid. He's a leader, by example, on and off the field.

"He's got those intangibles that the Hawkeyes look for as far as work ethic and being athletic."

Elsbury said that Sealby holds a 3.5 GPA and scored a 29 on his ACT. He is not sure of a field of study, the coach said.

"He's talked about wanting to be a teacher and a coach," Elsbury said. "I believe that's the direction that he may go."

Elsbury is a Coe College graduate. He coached at Tipton (Iowa) High for five years before taking over at Byron.

I think the DC situation had very little effect on this class, but I guess we'll probably never know for sure.

I think the DC situation had very little effect on this class, but I guess we'll probably never know for sure.

From Ferentz Presser

any recruits express concern not named DC yet?

It came up once this past week and maybe one other time. I dont think its a big deal. What I tell people is we have been here 13 years...been fortunate stability...when we lost someone in the 80's, Coach Fry was able to bring great coaches in..we have not had too many leave...two retire..one at 68 and one at 70...couple guys to NFL...we will always get good people here. Not worried about it and recruits understood it.

Did you get the kids who brought up DC questions?

Yeah we got both of them. Most recent was Draper...you get closer to signing, they clutter their minds sometimes but that was fair

I would take a kid who has a chip on his shoulder, not highly recruited over a guy that is not fully committed any day.