Register

westview

I read the DM Register for many years and enjoyed it. I have read it only once in a while for the last ten years. Recently I began to read it on line. It seems to me that they have increased the coverage of the Clones and give the Hawks less coverage. Does anyone else think the same.

I read the DM Register for many years and enjoyed it. I have read it only once in a while for the last ten years. Recently I began to read it on line. It seems to me that they have increased the coverage of the Clones and give the Hawks less coverage. Does anyone else think the same.

Not really. I cancelled my paper and only get the Sunday now because of the opposite. I guess you always want to see more coverage of the team you play for.

But if you want to feel better, grab a Sunday paper after both teams play on Saturday. The Iowa coverage is usually (not always) but usually 2 to 1 in favor of them.

Their coverage of both teams is lacking, probably because of the impending death of the newspaper industry.

It's unfortunate but it might have a little to do with Iowa being more in the public eye due to all their games being televised so there's more of a vested interest there. Even casual sports fans in the state might have more interest in an Iowa game because they may have come across it on tv the day before. Unfortunately, the Big 12's tv package is HORRIBLE and hopefully something gets done about it because even as an Iowa fan I'd love to see the Clones getting more face time. Especially with Coach Rhoads having them heading in the right direction! Just makes everything better when both teams are playing at a high level! :) Go STATE of Iowa!

Not really. I cancelled my paper and only get the Sunday now because of the opposite. I guess you always want to see more coverage of the team you play for.

But if you want to feel better, grab a Sunday paper after both teams play on Saturday. The Iowa coverage is usually (not always) but usually 2 to 1 in favor of them.

False. Both teams get the same amount. There is a story on the front of the sports page - both above the fold - and then both teams get two pages in the back.

This year, when ISU beat Nebraska, the Register printed an ISU specific cover for the sports page that went over the actual sports page. I thought it was pretty neat.

I think it's pretty similar. This week it's probably in favor of ISU since our bowl is tomorrow. I imagine the Hawks will have the run of the paper next week since that is when there game is.

Frankly their coverage of both teams is pretty bad now and the paper is a fraction of the size it used to be, especially when you take out the heaps of AP articles in it.

I stopped my subscription. I read the on-line version, takes about 20 minutes.

As for coverage I think ISU may be getting more coverage than it used to, but not much more than Iowa. With virtually every Iowa game on TV and the radio coverage before and after each game there isn't much they can add except for Keeler's sarcasm. I think the Register may be giving more print coverage for the Ames market since ISU isn't on TV as much and it's statewide radio network pretty fragmented. There maybe more of an ISU audience for ISU news in central Iowa and the Register is filling the void.

Frankly, the need for the Register to do sports reporting has been greatly diminished. Between ESPN, CBS, and numerous web sites most people have all the information about games before the Register is even printed for delivery.

Latest posts