Refs going to the monitor during the last minute.

Agree it kills momentum, which can help or hurt depending on how you're playing at the time.
I think always better to get it right...if it take a couple minutes so be it.

I understand going to the monitor for crucial decisions, but it seems like after every foul, made shot, and out-of-bounds ball the refs are going to the monitor to see if a couple tenths have to be put on the clock. I'm not sure that's really necessary if it's not the last ten seconds of the game.

Agree it kills momentum, which can help or hurt depending on how you're playing at the time.
I think always better to get it right...if it take a couple minutes so be it.
It seemed to ice JBo, although that was just the clock operator being an idiot and not a matter of a couple of tenths.

I know we want everything to be accurate, but I wish there was a better way to do it than have the refs go to the monitor for 1-3 minutes multiple times during the last minute of games.
I was thinking this as well. Would you rather have them make mistakes with no chance to correct them? I don't know which I'd rather have, because the delays are really frustrating. The technology's there to make the right calls, but it takes forever. Maybe give coaches 1 or 2 challenges in the last 2 minutes with players staying on the court instead of going to the bench. Put a time limit on reviews? If you can't tell in, say, 20 seconds, let the play stand.

I was thinking this as well. Would you rather have them make mistakes with no chance to correct them? I don't know which I'd rather have, because the delays are really frustrating. The technology's there to make the right calls, but it takes forever. Maybe give coaches 1 or 2 challenges in the last 2 minutes with players staying on the court instead of going to the bench. Put a time limit on reviews? If you can't tell in, say, 20 seconds, let the play stand.

If one is looking at the best camera angle, in most cases, it will be obvious. If it is too close to call, then go with the call on the floor

It is irritating but I think it is best to get it as right as possible

From home, watching the replays it doesn't take too long to see what the right call should be, unless it wouldn't favor the Hawkeyes

Of course

Latest posts