Reese Morgan. I like him, but...

I know he was the principal, he left right before I entered school there.

I wonder where he coached at that made him so legendary, though, unless he is being confused with someone else.

If he coached at Iowa at one time, he wouldn't even make the top 30 on that list.

Howie Vernon was the head coach of East Waterloo when they were beyond good.

"Waterloo East Coach Howard Vernon. Vernon was the architect of one of the nation's longest high school football winning streaks during his tenure at East. From the eighth game of the 1965 season, the Trojans went on a streak of 55 straight wins and 56 games without a loss. Included in that run were six straight mythical state championships."

Waterloo-CF Courier

Howie Vernon was the head coach of East Waterloo when they were beyond good.

"Waterloo East Coach Howard Vernon. Vernon was the architect of one of the nation's longest high school football winning streaks during his tenure at East. From the eighth game of the 1965 season, the Trojans went on a streak of 55 straight wins and 56 games without a loss. Included in that run were six straight mythical state championships."

Waterloo-CF Courier

Point taken but stop calling him "Howie." Makes him sound like a 2 year old.

just got to give a shout out to Merv Habenicht. 228-72-1 at Bettendorf.
A teacher -coach-friend. R.I.P. 5/16/12

Going from what we had at DL coach to Reese Morgan is like going from dating Rosie Odonnel to dating a swimsuit model.

But don't expect the DL to look like fantastic by the 2nd defensive series against Northern Illinois, either. Its great news (knock on wood) to hear that the entire DL is in there working each and every day, and that Carl Davis sounds like he knows how important he is to this team.

Agreed bobcat. Played against him in high school. He was a great ambassador for the sport and the MAC conference

Latest posts