Redzone and position battle quick hits

Eda

Article touches on the redzone issues last season. I wasn't surprised by the 1st and goal from the 7-9 yd line stat. Good to see its a point of emphasis for the staff.

Also, for those in attendance today; keep an eye on some of the position battles (I'm very interested on the CB position). Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Mabin a sophomore? What a young couple of DB's we could potentially have. See quote:

"Left cornerback: Maurice Fleming and Sean Draper have battled all spring to replace B.J. Lowery and they now have company. Greg Mabin has worked his way into the mix."

I look forward to word from Kinnick today. TIA.

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/iowa/article_dddce9e8-9572-5b58-95dd-8f63e4d6e09d.html

I saw some good catches by T Smith and Willies; tight ends looked good; not much in the running game except some decent straight ahead runs in the second half.

Lots of stunts and blitzing by the defense all day led to multiple sacks and TFL. I really didnt watch to see if the first string offensive line played together a lot today.

I was pleasantly surprised by CJ Beathard and Ruduck looked about the same which is definitely serviceable.

Lots of athletic linebackers and defensive linemen.

I am concerned about the secondary but I have to remember that the secondary started slow last year and then played really well the last 6-8 games.

Two decent punters and Keuhn looked pretty good placekicking

Thx '82. I also seen in KirFer's transcript the 3 CBs that are stuck in the H2H battle all got reps are still neck and neck. This will definitely go into fall camp.