Recruits to sign by May 19

Not looking good...

JUCO point guard considers Hawaii - Hawaii Sports - Starbulletin.com

"Coming here would be a win-win, almost," he added. "The decision-making is just starting to clear up for me. It was real, real messy at first."

Salter said he was getting some looks from some other Big Ten and Big 12 programs, but the difference could come from UH's academic flexibility. Salter must finish several online classes to complete his associate's degree and become eligible to play in the fall.

"It's tough because I only have two years left," Salter said. "I want to go somewhere I can make an immediate impact, and somewhere that's a good place to be. And Hawaii's one of the few places that will take me without staying at summer school in Iowa until July. That's why, as far as where they at on my list, they just shot way up. I'm not interested in being out there (in Iowa) for months and months. I'd get to spend some time at home."

Not looking good...

"Coming here would be a win-win, almost," he added. "The decision-making is just starting to clear up for me. It was real, real messy at first."

Salter said he was getting some looks from some other Big Ten and Big 12 programs, but the difference could come from UH's academic flexibility. Salter must finish several online classes to complete his associate's degree and become eligible to play in the fall.

"It's tough because I only have two years left," Salter said. "I want to go somewhere I can make an immediate impact, and somewhere that's a good place to be. And Hawaii's one of the few places that will take me without staying at summer school in Iowa until July. That's why, as far as where they at on my list, they just shot way up. I'm not interested in being out there (in Iowa) for months and months. I'd get to spend some time at home."

Even if he was on my list before, he has just knocked himself off that list! He has shown me that he does not have a work ethic worthy of a Big Ten team by his comments. He is lazy and not willing to work for a goal, but rather is looking for the easy way out!

Goodbye, Mr. Salter and good luck, as you will need with that kind of attitude!

Even if he was on my list before, he has just knocked himself off that list! He has shown me that he does not have a work ethic worthy of a Big Ten team by his comments. He is lazy and not willing to work for a goal, but rather is looking for the easy way out!

Goodbye, Mr. Salter and good luck, as you will need with that kind of attitude!

Are you speaking on behalf of the Iowa Coaching Staff?

Not looking good...

I think after reading that its fair to say he does not want to come to Iowa so lets move onto plan B (sounds like we already have)

This doesnt mean anything to me until he signs his LOI.

The interview is done by the local news, of course he is going to talk them up. Its done with every prospect at every visit they make.

Also he never said he didn't want to work for his goals. He just said he wanted to complete his classes back at home(online). I see nothing wrong with that.

Not looking good...

Hmmmmmmm........

With the academic standards at Iowa, and the rest of the Big Ten, it appears to me that he is headed for the WAC where the academic standards seem to be more "relaxed". No wonder, despite his high JC ranking, he was headed for the SEC.

From the beginning I remember hearing he had one math class to finish up this summer. Now from this article it states he has "several online classes to complete his associate's degree and become eligible to play in the fall".

If things do turn around and he decides to come to Iowa, anybody want to place bets on him staying eligible for his last two years?

This doesnt mean anything to me until he signs his LOI.

The interview is done by the local news, of course he is going to talk them up. Its done with every prospect at every visit they make.

Also he never said he didn't want to work for his goals. He just said he wanted to complete his classes back at home(online). I see nothing wrong with that.

Not sure the Big Ten and the University of Iowa would agree with you on finishing the classes online. I don't know what the rules are for online classes but it sounds like in order to come to Iowa he has to finish them in person at Iowa Western.

With the addition of Sherman Dillard as the new assistant does anyone else think Iowa might pull a rabbit out of the hat if Salter goes Aloha??? Im banking on it!

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]"Even with seven new recruits already signed for next season..."

My question is, how in the h*ll do they have SEVEN open scholarships for ONE class??!!! Holy crap!! BTW, sounds like the kid has some academic issues, maybe not a good fit for Iowa and Fran saw writing on wall.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

It's of the utmost importance that we find a backup for Cully. If we don't it could be a long season. Go get em FM. Whoever it might be.

How many kids flunked out last year? I hope he enjoys himself in Hawaii. Not a bad place to spend a year! Looks like Fran has moved on and we should too.

Latest posts