Recruits to sign by May 19

Does anyone else think Fran's waiting for Salter to decide before offering Ware?

I am starting to feel less confident. Was hearing it was a sure thing a for the last three weeks, this week everyone has backed off. Not sure exactly what might have come up. However, I do know there have been admissions issues at Iowa that has tripped some things up in the past, particularly some of Neal's recruits.

Wouldn't be ridiculous to think that something similar could be happening in this situation. But that is pure speculation with no real support. It just seems weird how things could change so dramatically so quickly.

Last edited:
I'd say one or none. If he doesn't land Salter then I think Fran goes full bore at the 2011 class with four schollies. And really I would agree with that strategy because outside of Salter I don't think that there is anything left in 2010 worth blowing a scholarship on.

I think your exactly right 1st. Salter, from all accounts, is a better prospect that Ware. I think Fran is putting everything into him, and banking on him to come. Hopefully he comes, and we don't lose the ability to get Ware or another guard. We need more depth here. If Fran plans on executing an uptempo style, we are going to need fresh legs down the stretch in games.

So are we still recruiting Salter? Because I saw Jon thought Iowa may have stopped recruiting him?
He didn't exactly say that, he just thought that Iowa was surprised that he went to Hawaii for a visit because they figured he would have committed after the weekend and they were not aware of any other visits he had.

He didn't exactly say that, he just thought that Iowa was surprised that he went to Hawaii for a visit because they figured he would have committed after the weekend and they were not aware of any other visits he had.

Was that thread removed? I don't see it anymore.

I am starting to feel less confident. Was hearing it was a sure thing a for the last three weeks, this week everyone has backed off. Not sure exactly what might have come up. However, I do know there have been admissions issues at Iowa that has tripped some things up in the past, particularly some of Neal's recruits.

Wouldn't be ridiculous to think that something similar could be happening in this situation. But that is pure speculation with no real support. It just seems weird how things could change so dramatically so quickly.

Starting to feel less confident? You've been pretty critical for awhile now. There's nothing weird about any of this and nothing has changed dramatically. The only drama to be found is in your hypersensitive posts.

Does anyone else think Fran's waiting for Salter to decide before offering Ware?

Looked at the roster at U of Hawaii and they have several transfers and several JUCOs. Maybe that way players don't get as homesick if they are over there for only 2 years. But have to admit a trip to Hawaii would be nice right now, and Hawaii is a nice place anyway so if Salter goes there it might be considered losing out to a WAC school but also might be considered losing out to being in Hawaii for two years and having room and board paid for. Not a bad option. Though I would prefer it went to IOWA.

Starting to feel less confident? You've been pretty critical for awhile now. There's nothing weird about any of this and nothing has changed dramatically. The only drama to be found is in your hypersensitive posts.

Actually, I don't think this is critical of FM at all. What I am saying is that the people I talked to outside the program have been saying something as if it is a foregone conclusion up until this week and now they have all backed off. Understand, I don't know people inside the program. I was hearing stuff outside.

This makes me think that it was kind of a left field issue, hence weird. Of course it could just mean that the people I talk aren't as reliable as I thought. However, things have fallen into place kind of as expected with the exception of the player.

I was at the Hawaii Campus when the Hawks played out there at the beginning of the Alford era. I know it isn't the Big Ten, but the campus is very appealing. Plus it's Hawaii...if you get a chance to visit, take it.

Time for Iowa to put on the full court press. Looking at the kid I am not thinking he will get to the NBA, just not tall enough. However, Iowa has had a lot of kids play overseas.

I think the staff should talk to him about not focusing on the next two years but what comes after and having some past players talk to him about Europe.

If he wants to refine his skills better to do it against Big Ten talent instead of WAC.

Latest posts