Recruiting: Take advantage of national exposure

HawkleberryFinn

This is something we didn't do after the '09 season. I have confidence Seth Wallace will get this, but we need to make a haul in '16. Epenesa + already committed Juan Harris would be a hell of a nice start. '16 could be as exciting on the recruiting trail as '15 was on the field.

you mean '17 - i think. eppy is '17 - '16 is nearly full.....verbally that is...

Whatever. The point is to always try to get the best athletes and football players. Sometimes the so called 2 and 3 star recruits can seem to project to be outstanding players at Iowa.

For example, take Josey Jewell, I cant remember his recruiting story but he is strong, fast, smart, has good hands and tackling technique, wow what a great player.

Enough said

Yeah, the brunt of the recruiting for the 17 class will be done in 16, but yes that's what I meant. As far as developing players, obviously this staff has been good at that, but having a few more big recruits isn't going to hurt. Look at our D-Line. They do a hell of a job for what they have, but they're our weakest link right now (no pass rush)...Just imagine if we could insert Clayborn, Daniels, Klug, and Ballard into this defense. That D would give Alabama problems. Recruiting is important and to automatically forget Ferentz's previous 5 seasons is foolhardy as they represents this deficiency.

And I don't think Hayden Fry would've tolerated the "we can't recruit at Iowa" defeatist mentality. We CAN recruit at Iowa--especially after this season. We need to take advantage of it at every turn.

Last edited:

Latest posts