Recruiting Feature

I could be late here but is the recruiting feature going to happen or nah?

When I had the idea for it several years back, there was nothing like it out there. There still really isn't...and it's been built for a few years. But it's complicated as to why I never launched it here..I was trying to build a network of free sites, the XOFan project, back in the fall of 2012....I swung for the fences...a lot of ideas through the years wrapped up into one project. I had the biz model in place, if you recall my move to a lot of videos and less banner ads on the site...then late fall that year, the company who was telling me they would pay revenues of 10x said that things were a little more experimental on that side than they hoped, so it would be 1x.

Needless to say, that was a broadside torpedo. really took a lot of wind out of my sails for a while and I just never got around to launching the project for HN.

That said, just last week I had a discussion with someone to revive it. If we do, what it is is a plac where we enter a recruit's name, high school, height, weight, twitter, etc...and then each night the database program automatically scours the internet for free stories, photos, videos, etc for that player and automatically adds the content to that specific prospect's page.

All of it is free. You can see why I wanted to take a shot at taking it to scale...but in the end, it would be pretty sweet just to release here for Iowa fans...I'd need a lot of help from users to enter in names...when you spotted a new recruit on Iowa's radar, I'd want to have a group of folks who wanted to take some ownership of the database and make it sing because I couldn't possibly do that alone...a crowdsourcing project.

At any rate...that is what it was/is....I'd like to have that project revived, too.

How many recruits are we talking about per season? 100? 200? Not that huge of a job. Surely there are a few posters who have time and interest.

I think it should be a huge banner with lights and sirens that reads DONT NEED when a player decommits or flips to our rival Bama.

Latest posts