Recruiting Boost?

BigKahuna

I keep hearing that our Magical Season will help recruiting. Have we seen anything happen yet or have heard of any recruits who are now including Iowa as a potential school? I'm just curious and excited what all this national exposure and high rankings can do for our program. We had a great class after the 2002 season (pause for one-liners) and I'm hopeful that a great recruiting class can continue to build Iowa into a national powerhouse. Granted, it may not happen until the season is over, but I'm curious if anything has happened yet in our recruiting wars with other schools.

Actually we are about done. This season will insure that next year will be another great recruiting class. RB should be loaded for awhile allowing us to focus on other positions.

I think it's clear (hopefully) we're all about reaching out to the current sophs and juniors that are seeing all the talk Iowa is receiving.

Since he visits this week, I am confident he will commit to Iowa, decommit to Illinios. If you read between the lines, He loves Iowa, and gone sour on illinios, but it trying to let them done gently.

Once he sees Moeaki and how much fun he's having scoring multiple touchdowns this weekend agains Indiana, and realizing he can play as a freshman, he wont be able to resist

The other added benefit is the sad state that Illinois football is in right now as we continually battle over recruits with them.

Kirk has said it many times. Recruiting is usually a year off of success. Meaning this year's team will benefit next year's recruiting class.

I just hope that any success we have in recruiting is success defined a few years after the fact and not success as defined by Tom Lemming. That 2005 class had some serious studs, but very few of them were the guys the "experts" ranked highly.

CJ is visiting for the NW game so hopefully we land him next weekend!!

In one sense I'm excited that he may come to Iowa, on the other, I'm not sure I love the rationale as to why he's changed tunes. Is he coming becasue he loves the Iowa program and it's tradition or is he coming because we happen to better than Illinois at the moment?

Can I ask why does it really matter? Its just typical college football recruiting. A verbal commitment just tells everyone else who there competing with to sign the kid. The decision they make is for the next 4 or 5 years of your life, and i'm guessing being an illinois kid he is thinking that he was doing what he always wanted to do by giving illinois the verbal. But he can't exactly like the direction zook is taking that program. He's the exact opposite of KF, gets less production out of more talented (or highly recruited) athletes. and iowa's track record at TE speaks for itself.

... But he can't exactly like the direction zook is taking that program. He's the exact opposite of KF, gets less production out of more talented (or highly recruited) athletes. and iowa's track record at TE speaks for itself.

But its not like any of that changed in the last 2 months. The only change is the win-loss tally.

I'm not saying the kid shouldn't be able to change his mind, I'm just less than enthused with the rationale given for changing his mind.

Can I ask why does it really matter? Its just typical college football recruiting. A verbal commitment just tells everyone else who there competing with to sign the kid. The decision they make is for the next 4 or 5 years of your life, and i'm guessing being an illinois kid he is thinking that he was doing what he always wanted to do by giving illinois the verbal. But he can't exactly like the direction zook is taking that program. He's the exact opposite of KF, gets less production out of more talented (or highly recruited) athletes. and iowa's track record at TE speaks for itself.

Plus I think he finally realized that Zooker was pulling his chain. Zooker told him he wasn't able to take a visit til late in the season. When CJ called his bluff and tried to go visit other schools, Zooker folded and let him come to campus. I wouldn't be too impressed with that if I were being recruited!!

Plus I think he finally realized that Zooker was pulling his chain. Zooker told him he wasn't able to take a visit til late in the season. When CJ called his bluff and tried to go visit other schools, Zooker folded and let him come to campus. I wouldn't be too impressed with that if I were being recruited!!

I've not heard this, but I would consider this a legit reason for a person to want to change their commitment.

When reading the interview on CJ he made it sound more like he was changing his mind simply because Iowa was winning and Illinois wasn't.

From Hawkeye Insider Article;
“I’m still (verbally committed to) Illinois right now, but the way they’re playing is embarrassing,” Fiedorowicz said. “I really like how Iowa looks.”

While I don't disagree with his statement, it seems like a less than ideal "committment" if the committment is only as deep as the team with the best win/loss record.

Last edited:

Latest posts